Chapter 43

I watched Jeffrey as he prepared the meal. He glided across the room over to the coffee machine and ran his long fingers through his oily and messy hair. My eyes instantly switched back to his phone. I couldn't help but glance at it. Every time I read the text message, the big bubble of discomfort in my stomach grew a little bigger. For a second I forgot about Olivia and Jeffrey. Only Jason and his filthy friends captured my attention. It scared me. It scared the hell out of me. I was locked in my own thoughts.

"Emma, are you okay?" Jeffrey asked, placing his hand on my shoulder and snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I'm just tired." I replied, covering his phone with my shaky hands.

"You are sweet, but you're such a bad liar" Jeffrey whispered, looking me deeply in the eyes

The conversation stopped and I looked down at my feet. Jeffrey was already sad and now I was going to tell him even more bad news. Nice, huh?

"Hours ago, you literally told me not to hide my feelings and now you're doing the exact same thing as I always do. What's going on?" Jeffrey asked, looking at me confusedly.

"I'm so sick of bad news" I sighed, biting my upper lip.

I was trying so hard to hold my tears back, but I couldn't. As soon as the first small drops of tears hit my cheeks, Jeffrey wrapped his long arms around me and placed his head on mine. He tucked me into his warm chest, which made me feel very safe. Nervously he pressed a kiss on top of my head. His heavy breath danced on top of my hair.

"Are you ready to tell me what's going on, baby?" Jeffrey asked, caressing my already messy hair.

I felt bad for making him so worried and nervous. He was already thinking about his mom and dad, which made him even more sensitive than usual. I took a deep breath and faced Jeffrey again. I wiped my eyes and licked my lips. Jeffrey cupped my chin, whilst his thumb stroked my left cheek. He looked so confused and innocent, he just wanted an answer. I looked down at his phone, which was lying on the kitchen island, because I couldn't find any words to reply him – They couldn't escape my dry mouth.

Jeffrey looked down at his phone and back at me. I slowly nodded and sighed. He grabbed the phone and pressed the home button, and slowly read the text message from Norman. After reading it a couple of times and processing the content, he wrapped his arms around me again. This time the hug was a lot tighter. Jeffrey knew how much Jason already had destroyed in my life and how much he scared me. He hated him too.

"I'm always here to protect you, princess, always" Jeffrey whispered, stroking my back. "I'm not letting that idiot touch you, never again" He added.

"He's in Brooklyn again, Jeff" I cried into his chest.

My cheeks were damp and salty.

"Shhhh baby, I'm here," Jeffrey said, reaching out and tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

Suddenly there was a hard knock on the front door. I pulled away from Jeffrey and wiped my bloodshot eyes. Jeffrey wiped my cheeks and licked his bottom lip. He placed a soft kiss at the corner of my mouth and looked down at his shirt. I smiled weakly when I spotted my mascara on his pajamas shirt. Jeffrey placed another kiss on my lips before walking over to the door. Before opening the door, he looked at me and shrugged. As soon as Jeffrey opened the door, Andrew walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Jeffrey asked, closing the door behind him.

As soon as Andrew saw me, a worried look spread all over his face. He quickly walked over to me and grabbed my hands.

"Are you guys okay? Norman just called me. He wanted me to check up on both of you. I knocked on your door five hundred times Jeffrey, but then I met Ebba and she told me that you guys are renovating your apartment and that you're staying at Emma's apartment instead" Andrew said, looking confusedly at me.

Jeffrey walked over to us, whilst he rubbed his head. Andrew slowly let go of my hands and took off his green jacket. He placed it on the kitchen island and sighed.

"I guess Norman has told you about Jason, right?" Jeffrey asked Andrew, grabbing my hand from behind.

Our fingers intertwined and Andrew noticed it.

"Yes, it's crazy. I can't believe the police still hasn't captured him. He's a sly poison snake" Andrew sighed, standing behind one of the barstools.

"What are you doing in Brooklyn, Andy?" I asked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

Right as Andrew was going to answer my question, another loud knock interrupted our conversation. All three of us looked at the front door. Nervousness flickered across Jeffrey's face.

"Let me" I said, but got stopped by Jeffrey's big hand, who was blocking my way.

"If it's that idiot, I'm not letting you open that door" Jeffrey said, looking me deeply in the eyes. "I agree, let me do it!" Andrew spoke, walking over to the door and opening it.

To our surprise, it was my mom, Patricia.

I was standing in my tight pajamas looking like a ghost, whilst my mom was standing in the doorframe wearing her favorite blue dress and holding Sammy in a dog leash.

"Mom?" "Patricia?"

Jeffrey looked at my belly and widened his eyes

Jeffrey looked at my belly and widened his eyes. "Ehm, this is... okay I'm-" Jeffrey began, but stopped himself. He looked so confused as he stood there looking at me and my mom. He was in shock and he knew the suprise was ruined. My mom didn't know that I was pregnant and it was still supposed to be a surprise at our wedding party.

My mom covered her mouth with her hands and let go of the dog leash.

"Are you pregnant?"

-------------------------------

I'm back :D The last GIF ahahaha

/Michelle