How it all started

Jayla's POV

"Fuck it. My life is over." I mumbled into the covers, as I fell face first onto my mother's bed.

"Suck it up, you'll be okay. And, watch your mouth young lady. That's the reason your going where your going now." My mom said, while carrying the dirty clothes to the laundry room. I got up off the bed and followed her.

"Okay, just cause I got chased by the cops at school for punching the bit- I mean girl in the face, and kicking-" I started as my mom joined in.

"And, yanking." My mom added. "And, scratching, pulling, biting, slapping her doesn't mean I'm bad." I'm trying to convince her to let me stay.

"Jayla, you got her off guard." "Its not my fault Sharkeisha is my cousin." "This has nothing to do with Sharkeisha." "Ma." I said with the most serious face. "Sharkeisha taught me how to fight, and when to swing and get them off guard."

"It doesn't matter, cause your leaving tomorrow. I can't deal with you, so go get packed please." She then walked right passed me standing in the laundry room door way with my mouth dropped wide open.

"So, y'all planned this behind my back. No, warning or nothing?" My mom came from her room, and put her finger in my face, and said "Go. Get. Packed." She said it in a tone to where if I didn't go get packed I wouldn't have to worry about going to the airport the next day, or worry about air going through my lungs correctly.

I did as told, and sat on my bed just thinking... Doesn't uncle Walt work with these nappy headed children? How come when I asked him for a job he told me no, but gave these nappy headed strangers a job worth millions. Then, I asked if I cut the grass would he pay me, and he still said no. I got his ass this summer just wait.

Before, I knew it the next day had came, and my uncle Walt was putting my bags in the trunk of his car. "You ready ?" He asked looking at me from downstairs. "Thank you so much Walt." I heard my mom say.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of how her face looked when she said that. "No, prob Jasmine. Aye, Jayla come on let's go before we miss our flight." "Please." I mumbled under my breath, as I got up from sitting on the steps, and making my way to the car.

I sat in the front with Walt. "You going to tell your mother bye ?" "Pssh, she'll live." He shrugged his shoulders, and started the car. I could see my mom waving bye to me. I just sunk low in the seat, as we drove off to the airport.

------------------------------------------

A/N- How is the story so for ?

Do you blame Jayla's mom for sending her off with her brother/uncle ?

Ooh by the way I'm using my phone to type the story so sorry for errors