Chapter Five: Regrets

LOUIS

Louis woke up Sunday morning, naked, in Harry's bed. Luckily, Harry wasn't there, but Louis could hear the shower running somewhere in the flat. Dread ran through him. That shouldn't have happened, fuck.

He had felt something deep within him last night, it made him feel like he was out of control. He got out of the bed, feeling the ache between his legs. It was a good ache, but it shouldn't be there.

Louis pulled on his clothes quickly, wincing as bent in some places. He went into the kitchen and grabbed his phone that was sitting on the counter along with his coat and the book Harry was letting him borrow.

He saw the twelve missed calls from Liam, but ignored them for now. He called for a cab, having to find a piece of Harry's mail to find the address.

He had fifteen minutes until the cab showed. He tried to find a blank piece of paper to write a bullshit excuse on. There's was nothing. Harry came into the kitchen, towel wrapped around his waist and his hair long, wet around him. Louis realized that this was the first time he'd seen Harry with his hair down. It only made him more attractive.

"Hey, where are you going?" Harry asked, his voice low and almost hurt and moving closer to Louis. He stepped back, knowing that he would grow weak like last night if Harry was too close.

"Liam called," Louis whispered, hoping it didn't sound like he was lying. "Apparently Isabella relapsed with her flu in the night."

"Oh no," Harry said, gripping his hair and pulling it up into a messy bun. "Let me get dressed and I'll drive you back to your flat."

"I called a cab," Louis said.

"Huh?" Harry questioned, eyes filled with confusion. "Were you going to leave without saying goodbye?"

"Of course not," Louis said. "I heard you in the shower...and I was gonna write a note."

"You regret last night, don't you?"

Louis kept his eyes downcast, his guilt weighing down his shoulders. He didn't quite understand the guilt he was holding in himself as Harry spoke so openly hurt.

He didn't regret last night, he just knew that he was scared. He'd never felt loved before and Harry had loved his body. It was foreign to Louis. He needed... space.

"No," Louis said. "I just need to get to Isabella."

"Let me get dressed and I'll drive you, okay?" Harry said, moving back down toward the hall.

Louis had a lump in his throat, torn between letting Harry take him home or taking the cab. He decided to be gentle to Harry's heart and wait for him. He couldn't bare the thought of hurting him, as much as Louis wanted space. He quickly cancelled the cab.

He emerged with a pair of baggy exercise shorts and hoodie with a running shoes. He smiled big when he saw that Louis was still there. Louis grabbed his stuff, book included, and followed Harry out of the flat.

They got into Harry's car and started to drive to Louis' flat. It was only a little over a mile away. Great. When they pulled up, Louis tried to hurry out. But Harry reached out and grabbed Louis' wrist. Relucnctally, he looked over at him. Harry had a smile on his face, he said, "I had a really good time last night."

"Me too," Louis said, truthfully.

"I'm glad. I'll see you Monday then. I hope Isabella feels better." Harry was so...kind. It only made it harder for Louis to pull away.

"Thanks... Bye," Louis got out of the car and went inside the building. He got into lift and he felt his guilt expand. He was the shittiest person alive.