Chapter Four: Midnight **

HARRY

{ A/N: the asterisk indicates that there will be a smutty scene within this chapter — ENJOY! }

Harry was laying in bed, it was nearly eleven at night. He couldn't sleep, he was too busy wondering if he'd ever get an answer from Louis. He was in his empty apartment, Zayn was out with Perrie still. He turned on the television and placed a random channel.

He was about to nod off when his phone chimed. He reached for it and it was a number he didn't have programmed. It just said, "Yes."

Harry smiled, hoping it was Louis. He replied, "This IS Louis, right?"

There was an almost instantaneous reply, "Yes." Before Harry read the rest of the message, he programmed Louis' name in. "The date is still on the table?"

"Of course. When are you next available?" He was hoping he was available this weekend.

"Well, Isabella's fever just broke today. If she's feeling better by tomorrow evening, how about Saturday?" Louis replied.

It was perfect, Harry thought. He only had to wait a day-and-half.

"Well, let me know how she's feeling. I'll pick you up and take you to my favorite place in London."

"I have conditions first."

Conditions? Harry thought. He replied, "Anything."

"First of all, no flowers or romance. I want a straight forward night. Secondly, I want you to be completely honest with me. I don't want any sugarcoating. Third, if this takes off into something, Isabella will ALWAYS come first. And finally, you aren't allowed to hurt me or my daughter."

Harry could do all of that, so he replied, "Deal."

Louis replied with, "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."

Harry turned on his alarm clock, turning onto his side and smiling as he fell asleep. In the morning, Harry felt...excited. He was going to see Louis today. He googled the restaurant and saw that they opened at noon. He'd make reservations then.

Zayn was curled up on the couch, snoring loudly, when Harry walked in that morning. Harry pushed his friend awake, saying, "Wake up, Romeo. We have to be at work in forty minutes."

"Uh," Zayn groaned before returning back to his obnoxious snoring.

Harry brewed up an individual cup of coffee for himself, and one for Zayn. As he walked up to the couch, Zayn popped up. His eyes were filled with sleep. He asked, "Is Perrie still here?"

"Uh," Harry said, "I didn't see her here."

"Shit," Zayn said, taking the cup of coffee from Harry. He grumbled a quick 'thank you' and slipped away from Harry, entering the bathroom.

Harry shook his head, wondering what the hell that was about. He had a few reservations about them dating, he was worried would effect it would have on their trio's relationship. Harry was extremely close with Perrie's son, Andrew. It would be devastating if something were to happen and he'd lose that.

He ate a quick breakfast before making lunches for both Zayn and himself. When Zayn came out from the bathroom, he was dressed for the day with his hair wet. He grabbed a protein bar and said, "Let's go."

The whole drive to work was silent. But before they exited the car, Harry asked, "What's going on with you and Perrie?"

"I pissed her off," Zayn sighed. "She came over after our date, things started to get...heated in my room, and I stopped it. I told her that I didn't want to do...anything until Andrew was aware about us. I guess she wasn't happy to hear that."