Chapter Ten: Lost

HARRY

Louis was back from Wolverhampton today. Harry missed him terribly, and he had only been gone for three days. He couldn't stop thinking about how Louis never responded to his text. His walls were shooting back up, keeping Harry at arms length once again.

But Harry knew if fought against the walls Louis was desperately trying to build up, he would stop fighting for once.

He arrived to Louis' flat and knocked on the door. He was going to take Isabella to school, like he had been doing since the miscarriage. Louis was still on leave from work until the next week. The door opened and Harry looked up, seeing a man he had never seen before.

"Hi," the man said. "Who are ya?"

"I'm Harry, friend of Louis'. You?"

"I'm Michael, I'm Isabella's other dad. Nice to meet ya, she's told me about ya. Want to come in? Louis' still in bed," Michael said.

Harry's heart pounded. This was Isabella's father and he had spent the night. What was happening?

"Um," Harry choked out. "I've been taking Isabella to school for him while he's on leave."

"Oh, I got that for ya, mate."

"Well, it has become my thing. She looks forward to it," Harry said coming into the flat. He saw blankets and a pillow on the couch, used and wrinkled. Good, he slept on the couch, Harry thought in pure relief. "Is she still asleep?"

"She's getting her stuff ready," Michael said, itching his nose with confused eyes.

"Is Lou up? I... I need to speak with him," Harry said.

"I don't know, mate. I just woke up," Michael said. Liam came down the hall, his deep frown crossed his face when he saw Michael. He smiled, however, when he saw Harry standing there.

"Hi Harry," Liam said. "How was your Easter?"

"It was good, pretty low key. How was your's?" Harry asked, feeling Michael's gaze go from Liam to Harry.

"It was...odd," Liam said. "How about I come with you to take Isabella to school and we get some coffee afterward?"

Harry's stomach filled with dread. He nodded, waiting for the little girl to enter the room. The room was filled with awkward tension, it was thick and made it hard to breathe. Isabella came into the room and when she saw Harry, she ran to him.

He swooped her up into a big hug, he had missed her so much and he knew that at least one Tomlinson had missed him.

"I missed you, Harry!" she told him.

"I missed you as well, little bird," Harry replied back. He kissed her on the forehead before placing her on the ground. "I'm taking you to school with Uncle Liam, you all ready to go?"

"Yeah!" She turned to Michael and said, "Good morning, Michael!" before hugging him as well. It only made Harry's heart hurt more.

Michael awkwardly hugged her back, "Morning."

Isabella grabbed her school stuff, Harry hearing her say goodbye to Louis. Liam and Harry left with her a few moments later. The whole way to the school, Isabella talked about her trip to Wolverhampton. Harry walked her to her classroom like every morning.

He kissed her head and watched her walk in. He started to tear up. Now that her actual second father was around, this could be the last time he drops her off at school. He had fallen in love with her, starting to think of her as his own. It was going to hurt, a lot, if this was all was going to end.