Chapter Thirteen: Friends

HARRY

Harry walked Isabella into Andrew's room.

It was time to have a little talk with his favorite girl. For the first time in months, Harry was feeling like himself again. Louis was smiling at him, making that hole in his chest feel a bit more full. It was the first time in six months he felt something more than hurt.

Harry's heart had hardened in a way that he thought was never possible. The pain of losing his child and the man that he was in love with was nothing compared to the breakups he had before. He didn't feel happy as often, didn't smile as much. He just felt...numb.

He'd been back at school with Zayn since August. It helped, the constant distraction. The life of Uni parties had come back up, which Harry indulged in quite often. Zayn wasn't his wingman at parties anymore, he was basically settled into domestic bliss with Perrie and Andrew. Something that Harry envied.

As much as he wanted to get over Louis Tomlinson, he couldn't help but go to the elementary school each morning with Zayn to drop off Andrew. He knew that he'd see Louis walk Isabella to her classroom. He knew it.

It was like a stab in the heart when he'd see them walk across the schoolyard, Isabella looking as beautiful as ever. He could tell that she gotten taller and her hair was longer. Louis looked better then ever, as much as he didn't want him to. He was leaner now, his hair was shorter than when they were together. He looked rested, the lines of sadness no longer marred his face.

He was glad that Louis and Isabella were doing well, he just hoped that Michael was treating them well when Isa visited them. If he ever heard differently, well... He'd kill him. Tomorrow, or five years from now. He'd love those two forever, he knew that in his soul. He would always step up for them.

He was healing as well. The distraction of school did help. He'd pick up a shift here and there at his friend's pub, which gave him some pocket change. He made a new friend, Nick. Zayn and Harry met him when they re-enrolled.

He worked in the admin office, he was older but Harry didn't care. Nick listened to him. They hit it off almost immediately. Nick had just got out of a long term relationship, it had ended since his partner cheated. They were both broken, friendship formed easily.

Harry was aware that Nick was interested in something that was more than friends, but he wasn't ready for that. He didn't know when, but he knew that it wasn't going to be with Nick. Nick was too close, his heart too tender from his heartbreak.

But back to his favorite girl, who was sitting as closely as possible to Harry on Andrew's bed. He grabbed her hand and said, "Little Bird, I hope things haven't been too hard since I stopped hanging out."

"I cried because I missed you, so did Papa." Her innocent, blunt words killed him.

"I'm sorry," whispered Harry. "Adults have their problems and I'm sorry you were effected by it all."

"Can you and Papa hug and make up?"

Harry kissed her head and laughed, "There is nothing else I'd like more. Do you think he'll want to talk to me?"

"I think so, Harry!" Her eyes were wide and bright, cheerful. "Liam has a girlfriend, she's nice but he's gone all the time. I think he misses you extra."

"I miss him extra. All the time. But, my little bird, tell me about school... Tell me everything you've wanted to tell me. I want to know it, I've missed you so much."

"I missed you more. I wish everyday that you were my daddy," Isabella said with a big grin.

Her honesty made Harry's heart stop. As he tried to regain his composure, she bursted into recounting her life from the last six months. Harry listened intently, loving every moment of it.