Chapter 3

"Wakey wakey bitchh."

Jen says disrupting my sleep. I let out a loud yawn before rubbing my eyes.

"What time is it?"

I ask sleepily. Jen climbs off the bed, still in her pajamas. She walks over to the coffee table and grabs two mugs.

"Its time to find an apartment!"

She says with a smile. I lean up as she says hands me one of the mugs. Coffee. I put the mug to my lips to take a sip.

"Thanks I needed this."

I say taking another sip. She takes a seat at the end of the bed, mug in hand.

"No problem, now get up! I want to be on the road in an hour."

She says now standing. I actually am really excited to be doing this today, i've always been into finding the perfect little apartment for when I was older. Now that i'm 18 and on my own, I can! I climb out of bed and throw my arms in the air to stretch letting out a slight groan.

"Okay, okay. You win."

I say in defeat. Aww, I miss the bed. Jen turns around with a satisfied smile on her face as she heads towards the walk in closet. God she can be annoying sometimes.  I, on the other hand, head towards my suitcase, still next to the dresser. I'm glad I showered last night, that saves me a few extra minutes this morning. When I reach my suitcase I heel down on my knees and sit on the back of my heels. I unzip my bag and over look my options. I decide to go with a white sleeveless crop top with and image of the lunar cycle plastered across the chest, high waisted jean shorts with white fringe on the bottom, and a black hooded sweater just in case. I put on my clothes and stand in front of the full length mirror, eyeing for any imperfections.

"Damnnn Scar, you look hot!"

Jen says as she walks out of the closet and slaps my ass. I start to laugh as I turn towards her.

"Shut up."

I playfully fire back.

"You don't look to shabby yourself."

I say with a smile. She's wearing a white crop top with the words 'Los Angeles'  on top with a picture of the city below, a floral skirt that flows a few inches above her knees with a skinny tan belt, and a tan knit sweater.

"Thanks girl."

She says as she sits on the bed with tan leather lace up platform boots in hand. She begins to put them on as I walk into her closet and pull out a similar pair but in black  and walk to the couch.

"Sure you can wear my boots."

She says with a smile. I smile back and lightly laugh.

"Thanks."

I mumble while tying the shoes in place. We both make our way to the vanity, I apply my usual concealer with light foundation, under eye liner, some mascara, blush, and tinted lip balm. I also apply a little champagne eye shadow since Jen had it lying out. I guess i'm pretty lucky to have such clear skin, all I really need the concealer for is to cover the circles under my eyes from the plane ride and time change. Jen also has clear skin but she covers it in layers of makeup, don't get me wrong, she looks really good! Much better than me but I like the more natural look unless I go out or something. Jen and I are both the same height, 5'6'' and a half. We could pass for sister, same long brown hair, naturally curly, tall, lean physique, the only different though is i'm about a cup size bigger and I have an ass. I still think she's prettier though, our family always say we both look like but I don't think my opinion will ever change.