Chapter 6

I quickly rushed back into my room closing the bedroom door behind me, replaying what just happened in my head. What just happened? Like what the actual fuck. God, I hate over thinking everything. I can hear Jen know, 'just go with it Scar!' I hate she she's right..

I need to put this behind me.., for now. I'm not done with him, I know I need to stay away but the idea of him just keeps pulling me back in. Its like I have this uncontrollable craving to know more about him and why he's so angry.., and that scares me. 

But I can't be thinking of this now.. I have less than an hour until the party starts and I need to get ready.

I tore myself away from the door and walked over to the armoire, the place I keep my "dressy" clothes. After a few minutes of sorting through my options I decide to go with black leggings and a blue top with straps. I made my way over to the bed and slid on my black lace up boots.., well Jens black lace up boots. Thank god were the same size. I got back up and headed towards the vanity, something the interior designer brought in, to apply my makeup. I smeared on a thin layer of eye liner on my top and bottom lid before applying some dark eye shadow and mascara. I actually look pretty good. I let down my loose brown curls and gently combed them out. I wanted to look good tonight, for Aaron. I walked over to the full length mirror, scanning my exterior. I need something… jewelry! I quickly shuffled over to my vanity and swapped my usual beaded bracelets with a black wrist wrap and blue ring. Perfect! And I still have 15 minutes to spare.

I walked out to the kitchen and put out some chips and pretzels out on the counter, neatly setting up the beers and vodka next to it.

"Scar!"

I look up to see Jen walking out of her bedroom.

"How do I look?"

She said with a smile on her face, twirling around once.

"Ooo sexyyyy!"

I smiled back. And she did look good. She was also wearing black leggings but with a light green over the shoulder top. She had a beautiful black necklace placed evenly just above her cleavage with some black strappy heels.

"What about me?"

I teased sticking my booty out, as she walked around the counter.

"Damn that ass!"

She said, both of us in hysterics.

"I have a surprise for you!"

She said with a grin on her face holding her hands tightly together.

"What?"

I questioned suspiciously.

"Close your eyes and no peaking until I say so!"

She said making her way over to the light switch.

"Oh god…"

I say covering my eyes.

"Okayyy open them!"

Jen says as I hear a light switch.

"Ooh wow."

I said looking around the apartment. Beautiful lights lit up the area.

" I made a special request to the interior designer, he installed them above the cabinets and behind the pictures on the walls. Isn't amazing Scar."

She says taking both of my hands in hers.

"I love it."

I said practically in a whisper, still looking around the apartment.