Chapter 28

I reach my apartment door and quickly jam in the key and unlock the door.

What happened next will haunt me for the rest of my life.

"SURPRISE!!"

Jen and about 15 other people I hardly know yell as I walk into the apartment. I notice a large HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign hung over their heads.

Shit..

Todays my birthday..

Oops.

"Happy Birthday girl!"

Jen says as shes walking over to me to give me a hug.

"Thanks."

I saw with a small smile as I accept her hug.

"Thanks everyone."

I say looking at the group of people standing behind her.

"Please, everyone, eat, drink. Im just going to take a quick shower. What are we doing tonight?"

I saw directing my attention back towards Jen as I say that last part.

"Well we wanted to get you out of the house so we were thinking we'd take some shots then head over to Karma around 9:30-10ish."

I glance at the clock, 6:34.

"Okay that sounds good, let me just get out of then stinky clothes and Ill be right back out."

I say walking towards my bedroom door. I quickly slip past the group of people and close the door behind me.

I let out a loud sigh as I peel the gray tee shirt off my body.

Great. All these people get to see me in my prime. Sweaty and smelly. Happy Birthday to me, I think as I walk towards the bathroom.

HARRY'S POV

I pace back and forth in my apartment trying to come up with a plan to see Scarlet, I feel awful about what happened the other night.

Without thinking I walk right out of my apartment down the Scarlets and knock on the door.

A few seconds later im greeted by a smiling Jen, who's smile quickly fades once she notices its me.

"Umm, Heyy."

I say scratching the back of my neck.

"What are you doing here Harry."

She says crossing her arms over her chest.

"I umm wanted to see Scarlet.. whats going on?"

I say as my eyes going past Jens head, noticing the party going on.

"Its Scarlets birthday."

She says while closing the door slightly behind her. I roll my eyes to her reaction and begin to get impatient.

"Can I speak to her? I never knew today was her birthday.."

I say, slightly mumbling the last bit.

"No you can't."

"Well watch me."

I say rushing past her.

"Harry you can't just come in here!"

She calls out.

"Scarlet!"

I yell walking in and out of each room looking for her.

"Scar--"

I come to a sudden halt as someone pulls back my arm.

I wipe my head around.