2. / WHO ARE YOU?

ELIANA HAYES

The surgery expanded itself throughout the night. It wasn't the most complex nor extensive operation they had ever performed in that block but since it was an athlete that was on the line, his knee was his Achilles tendon, his biggest strength or weakness.

They planned to get it done in the easiest, most pragmatic way that wouldn't leave Bradley lingering after a long recover, but the state he was in wasn't as simple as they had hoped for, so it would take him at least a month to be able to even think about training again.

Eliana was exhausted after the four-hour-long extension of her night shift.

And so was everyone else around her.

One by one, all her colleagues would leave the operation room, but she simply sat down in the cold marble floor with her eyes shut for a few seconds. Her forehead was sweaty, strains of hair glued upon it. She couldn't possibly think of anything else at this point other than taking a breather.

"Eliana?" the known voice caused her to open her eyes.

"Yes? I'm awake, Matthew. I'm awake." She mumbled, eyes slightly closing in the process.

Matthew, formally known as Doctor Roberts was the silhouette standing in front of her.

He chuckled while observing the young lady sat in the middle of the floor as if it was the softest carpet material they were talking about.

"It's a quarter to eight, you might want to go home."

At the sound of his words, a strike of energy struck through Eliana's body as she got up in the matter of seconds. "You said-"

"Seven. In the morning." He chuckled once more.

"I should go. You should go."

"I'm going." He prepared to exit the room with his hands up in the air. "You'll be alright?"

"I'm good, I still have some things to take care of."

"Alright, don't forget to grab your stuff on the way out."

She nodded her head, rubbing her eyes as a small kid that's told its bed time.

Soon as Matthew was out the room, Eliana was the last one standing. The block arrangements were still a tiny bit chaotic, after the surgery. She felt sorry for those who would have to clean up the mess but all she could think about now was going home and resting.

"Morning, sunshine." Her colleague Sienna greeted her the moment she passed reception.

" Her colleague Sienna greeted her the moment she passed reception

Sienna was one of her many colleagues but one of her few friends. In her twenties, exact same age as Elianna and a whole lot energetic. She kept Eliana entertained during the breaks and they would talk about everything. With her oriental features and large almond-shaped brown eyes, what attracted the opposite sex towards her, besides her looks, was the charismatic personality.