14. / A MOMENT LIKE THIS

ELIANA HAYES

It had been quite some time since Eliana's last basketball game. Ever since she moved to Washington to pursue her nursing career, she had lost her company for the games: her dad.

Therefore, it wasn't no surprise how blown away she was when she entered Capital One Arena.

The crowd was loud enough so she could barely hear the man helping her find her seat, but she certainly didn't expect it to be so close to the field. Bradley had gotten her a first row ticket and she felt as if she was that much emerged in the atmosphere.

Then she spotted him, messing along with John. Didn't take long for him to notice her and wave her with the biggest smile, causing some faces to turn and look at her.

She was snapping a photo of the field, as her phone buzzed.

sienna
are u there yet?

eliana
just arrived. this is unbelievable!

sienna
no shit sherlock.

eliana
only thing missing is u.

sienna
don't tell me anything, can't believe i forgot my night shift.

sienna
pls get me a player

sienna
but srsly

sienna
;-)

eliana
don't do that wink, it's creepy.

sienna
counting on you!

The young nurse laughed down at her phone, before typing her reply.

eliana
how is randy?
is he responsive?

She signed as she looked around. She was coming to the game with peace of mind, after Mr. Randolph had insisted her to. Although Eliana felt as if it was her duty to look after him, he was very happy to see her enjoy herself.

Before leaving for the game, she agreed with her friend and colleague that she would check on him regularly.

sienna
doing ok! he lit up once i turned the tv on
now relax and enjoy yourself!

She put her phone away and focused on the reason she had come here: the young basketball player. He looked as an animal when he's freed to fly. The smile on his face was reliving and she, above anyone else, felt happy for him knowing what he had gone through.

"Ladies and gentlemen" the speaker man greeted "I need you to help me on this one. Let's get a loud cheer for him, back after 3 full months! Bradley Beaaaal."

Eliana shouted alongside hundred others who got up and applauded the young man, waving through the stands and finally smiling at her.

The game soon started and it was game on.

Bradley wasn't starting, and she understood the decision. The wizards started strong against the away team and managed to get a 12 point lead by second quarter.