20. / (PRIVATE) DINNER

After setting the last details, both the two young females rode in their cars and the two athletes in their own, separately

After setting the last details, both the two young females rode in their cars and the two athletes in their own, separately. It didn't take Sienna much convincing, as per Eliana's guess. The words John Wall and dinner were enough for the young nurse to get in her friend's car.

"You know what El, I was skeptical at some point that you would make any moves, much to my displease. But I'm proud of you, I am." Sienna finished her speech, patting her friend's shoulder as she drove.

"Are you serious?" Eliana laughed. "This seems like the car ride back home after two bottles of wine — not the car ride to the restaurant."

"Just enjoy yourself, tonight."

"You too, Si."

"He seems like an amazing guy."

"I think so, too." Eliana smiled at her friend, once the car came to a stop near the entrance of the restaurant, where a valet approached her in the driver's seat.

The older man in his 40's greeted the both young ladies and took the keys off of Eliana's hand, who met Sienna to walk towards the entrance. Inside, they quickly noticed the two young men sat by a table near the back.

Once they entered the restaurant, the environment hip music in the background filled their ears. It was loud, but not loud whereas you couldn't hold a conversation and it matched the atmosphere perfectly alongside the dimmed lights which gave it a rather exclusive feel.

Eliana walked behind Bradley, resting her hand in his shoulder. "The stars are here" he greeted, turning his head to look up at her.

"No, you are the stars of the night!"

Eliana laughed whilst taking a seat by the athlete's side, leaving Sienna to sit opposite from her, next to John.

"One thing's for sure, I never saw Bradley this enthusiastic after each point." John cheesed, looking at the young woman.

"He was motivated." Sienna teased.

"Keep going, please." Bradley responded ironically.

"How about we look at the menu, yes?"

"I see you, changing the subject El."

The young nurse chuckled, while grabbing the list in front of her. Since there were only two, Bradley decided to peak at hers before deciding on what they'd be picking. He occasionally made some jokes, half-hidden by the plastic list that she was holding and John and Sienna could only help but exchange a look.

"Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this."

"John, I've known since day one."

"He won't shut up about her all day, it's kind of funny actually."

"Really?"

"Yes and he'd probably kill me if he heard me telling you this. But it's cool, happiest I've seen him in a while."

"Definitely the lighter I've seen her also. The injury really took its toll on her, but who would know it was a blessing in disguise."

"Every cloud has its silver lining, they say."

The two laughed at the realization, not realizing the couple sitting opposite to them was now observing them suspiciously — what would two strangers have to laugh about this early in the dinner.

As soon as the waiter approached them, each placed their order and not long after, they were diving in the tapas and chatting over a glass of wine.

"Most embarrassing moment was hands down that time with the owner for your rookie year."

"No John, that's foul."

"Brad" Eliana laughed, raising her hand up to his face, stopping him "we need to hear this."

"So for rookie year, we all have the veterans hazing. My man is unfortunately the most gullible person I know so it's even funnier. He was told he'd have to strip down and take 2 laps around the field, which he did in all good fun but in the end they convinced him into going to the coach's office as he always found it funny and got into the joking. Well, turns out in the office was the club owner and his wife. May I remind you she is around 80! But hey, I think she was into it." He turned to his best friend, laughing along the girls who covered their mouths.

"How were you not fired?" Sienna's eyed widened.

"Just had to make it up with the best rookie season yet." He pointed at John, who shook his hand in all laughter.

"That literally reminds me of your story last winter, El."

"What story? Oh, please don't."

"I mean, it's only fair." Bradley looked at her smiling. She covered her face with her left hand, feeling a grip to her right. When she looked down, his hand was on hers and she turned to look at him and gave him a smile.

"Our lovely Eliana over here has always had a great talent for the elder patients. However, there was this older man that we later had to assign to the psychiatric wing because he had a lot of episodes. This one time late at night, she had just came in for her shift and it was the first time he'd seen her, ever. And since she was late, my lovely friend had misplaced a button on her uniform and for somewhat reason, he thought she was more than a nurse, he got all excited."

"That is literally not even funny, it's just cringy." Eliana pouted, as the other two laughed along.

The story-telling continued throughout the night which lead them through a three-hour long dinner. It was near 11 once they had actually agreed that it'd be best to call it a night and head back home, since both women worked the following day.

John and Sienna who had surprisingly bounded over their origins back in North Carolina now lead the pack, leaving Bradley and Eliana towards the back.

"This was so fun! Thank you for inviting me." She smiled, arm linked in his so she wouldn't fall in the icy cold pavement.

"I'm glad you came. John is always complimenting you, so I thought it'd be fun."

"He is?"

"Don't be too flattered, he likes everyone." The athlete teased.

"Don't be jealous, Brad." She chuckled, nudging his side with her elbow as they finally reached the outside and waited patiently for each valet.

Now speaking amongst the four, some fans approached the two athletes and interrupted the conversation. They each took photos with the two teenagers as Eliana and Sienna observed the scenery and commented further away. Short after, Bradley's car was the first one to arrive.

Both young men said their goodbyes and soon entered the Porsche, with Eliana's car following close behind. Sienna and her both entered the car and before driving off, they noticed a flash going off the other side of the road.

Paparazzi. 

- ⋆ -