22. / CHILLY NIGHT

After what felt like an eternity of a ride back home, Eliana finally reached her destination

After what felt like an eternity of a ride back home, Eliana finally reached her destination. But instead of sitting down and taking a breather after such an exhausting day, she currently sat in the plush chair that faced her open-closet in hopes of having a brilliant idea of what to wear for Bradley's house tonight.

Although they weren't meant to leave his house — according to his invitation —, she wanted to look nice and showing up in sweats, wasn't a possibility. It was at times like this when she realized being a woman was all too difficult.

What made it all harder was the fact that it had been two long years since the young woman's last relationship. Her positive mind allowed her never to endure a tough break-up to this day, but this past relationship did leave its fair-share of trauma, especially since it was at such a fast pace when it abruptly came to an end, due to career-path differences.

It wasn't like Eliana wasn't prepared to get back on the market, it's just as if she had forgotten how to.

But the black-leather pants and white skintight bodysuit would have to do for tonight. Pairing it with some black high-heel boots and her faux-fur coat, she was out the door ready to face the chilling Washington weather.

She had shoot Bradley a text-message to inform him she was on her way, so in the meantime, the young nurse decided to treat herself to some nerve-calming karaoke session that got her mood and energy up in a heartbeat.

Parking in his driveway gave her time to appreciate the front yard that lead her through past the gates and into the main entrance. This was a large enough home for a family and it was strange to think Bradley was used to be in here alone, most of the time. Unless — that is — he kept himself constantly busy and occupied with special females guests, which in reality, didn't feel like him.

Eliana pressed the bell which she could hear from the outside, short before steps were heard from the other side of the glass-stained doors "who is it?"

"C'mon, now" she chuckled at the familiar voice "I'm freezing."

"Wrong answer."

"Hey, if I die of hypothermia— it's on you."

The door swung open and the tall figure backed away to welcome her inside "we can't have that. I'm not being sued over this freezing ass winter weather."

"Thought so," she giggled, which made her feel like a young teenager "hello!"

"Come here."

He opened his long arms, embracing her against his frame, to which she responded.

"It's to know I got the comfy memo" she waved him down, from his black sweatpants to the lilac sweater that quite complimented his skin tone to perfection. Bradley simply laughed, helping her get off her fur coat, which he hung by the entrance.

"I'm glad to know you dressed up, just for me."

"I actually did no—"

"Just kidding. You do look amazing, as always."