21

Everyone woke up. They saw a cleared spot in the forest with tons of logs in the area. "We can stack them up to create a room thing." Austin suggested. The group nodded in agreement. So they began stacking the logs to make a very small room. Mike was picking one up when Lauren cam behind him and hugged him. He was surprised but simply just smiled at his beautiful girlfriend as he continued with his job. Lauren smiled into the hug. "We need 4 more." Mike said as he placed the last log down. The log room was up to Lauren chin. She isn't tall or short so it was pretty good sized. "Austin said he'll go and get some." Melanie said. Austin nods. "I'll come with." Lauren says as she climbs over the walls. Austin followed her and the group told them goodbye. They walk to the van and Austin starts the car. They drive around in the forest in silence until Lauren starts to speak. "Who all did you loose?" She asks. Austin looked down but then focused on the road. "My little sister. My friends. My mom and dad were on vacation in Mexico." Austin said as he blinks back tears. "I don't know if they're alive or not." He added. Lauren reaches over and pats his shoulder. "How about you?" Austin asks as he smiles at Lauren. "My brother. My mom and dad. My sister and a couple friends." Lauren says. "I'm sorry." Austin replies. "Me too." Lauren told him as she gives him an apologetic smile. The rest of the ride they sit in silence. They got 6 more logs and put them in the back. "Great." Korey says as he helps unload the logs. Mike walks over to Lauren and grabs her by the waist. He pulls her closer to him and kisses her softly. Lauren giggles. "Just help with the logs, babe." She says and gently pushes him toward the van. "I have to find Mel." Lauren says and climbs over the wall. She looks around the room. The small group could all fit in here. Each person might be only 10 inches away from the next but it still works. Lauren snaps out of thought when Zach climbs over the wall. She smiles and waves at her sisters lover. Zach smiles back. They start moving the logs into position. They have the small hut done by late dark. It was good because they started when the skies were a grayish color. Juliet slept next to one wall. She cuddled with Korey who was next to Zach. Tracey's love sat next to Lauren's love. Then Lauren was cuddling with him. The last people were Austin and then Melanie next to the other wall. "Goodnight." Zach said quietly. "Goodnight." The group replied.