32

"Hazel, come here." Lauren says. She waits for Hazel to come skipping to the front of the store where Lauren was. She doesn't. "Hazel!" Lauren yells. She slowly walks away from the store. "Hazel where are you?!" Lauren asks. She looks to her left and sees Hazel being chased by a walker and giggling. Lauren groans. The walker was wearing a dark blue dress that had blood all over it. It also looked like it had hair with a couple strands here and there around it's brown, mushy, head. The walker gets very close to Hazel but not enough for it to grab her. "Hazel!!" Lauren screams. Lauren runs as fast as she can and tackles the walker. "No! Lauren, stop!" Hazel screamed as she runs to the walker and Lauren. Lauren stabs the walker in the head as a little bit of blood splatters on her cheek. Hazel screams. "Why'd you do that?!" She yells at Lauren. Lauren was taken surprise by this sudden outburst because Hazel is usually such a sweet girl. Lauren opens her mouth but closes it quickly. "Lauren, answer me!" Hazel yelled. "She was dangerous." Lauren said. "She was not!" Hazel said as her eyes fill with tears. "She just wanted a friend!" She added. Lauren's jaw dropped. "She wanted to eat you!" Lauren said loudly. Hazel shakes her head. "No she didn't!" Hazel said and gets closer to Lauren so they are face to face. "You wouldn't understand." Hazel says bitterly and quietly. Hazel stands up a little bit taller. "You wouldn't understand! You wouldn't understand! You wouldn't understand! You wouldn't understand! You wouldn't understand!" Hazel shouts and keeps repeating the same phrase as she slowly falls to the ground. "Hazel..." Lauren begins. "No!" Hazel screams as she stands up as tall as she possibly can. Lauren stands up from her place on the ground. Hazel finds a small tree stump and stands on it so she's taller than Lauren by about five inches. "You. Wouldn't. Understand." Hazel pants as she closes her eyes. Hazel goes completely pale. "Are you okay?" Lauren asks. Hazel goes completely weak and starts to flow in the air like she's dizzy. "She just wanted a frie-" Hazel begins but is cut off once she falls of the stump and heavily into Lauren's arms. Hazels eyes flutter open and then closed. They keep repeating the process as Lauren rushes Hazel to a nearby house.

"Finally you guys are back I was getting worried." Melanie said with a laugh. "We need to go now." Austin says. Melanie gives him a confused look. "Lauren's alive." Mike said with a bright smile. The small group screams in delight. Austin was jumping and laughing all over the place. Mike's eyes were filled with tears of joy. Zach was laughing quietly. The group gets into the car and Mike introduces them to Jared. They drive off slowly. "It'll take us about a day or so to get there." Jared announces. "We won't get there today." He adds. The group nods. Mike smiles out the window of he passengers seat at the thought of seeing his 'dead' loved one.

"You're up." Lauren says as Hazel looks at her with wide eyes.  Hazel nods. "My throat burns." She said and softly touches her neck. Lauren chuckles. "You were screaming like a maniac." She says and Hazel laughs. "You know, when I was eight I screamed until I passed out. Like I just did now and I'm like.....10 or something around there." Hazel said, smiling. Lauren laughs. "You look much older." Lauren jokes. Hazel shrugs. "Well it's dark so go to sleep again while I keep watch." Lauren says. Hazel nods and turns on her left side. "Goodnight." She says. Hazel drifts off to sleep thinking about life before this.

The girl in the picture is Hazel lol. Also, I know the You Don't Understand scene is basically right off the show. I just really liked that scene so I kinda re-writ it maybe. Lol anyways I hope you enjoyed it.