22

The group was getting settled in the car. Mike was going to drive and Lauren sat in the front with him. Zach and Austin sat in the middle seats. Melanie, Juliet, and Korey sat quietly in the back. They drove for about 3 hours when they came across a mall with a couple gas stations and general stores around the place. It was huge. "Let's look for clothes and shit." Mike says. The group laughs. They all agree to go to the mall first. They could get many things there. So the small group walk in. They walk into one store and see an arrangement of children's toys. The group silently walks around. Juliet grabs a stuffed cat and picks it up. "Brings back memories, huh?" Korey said as he hugged her from behind. Juliet giggled. Austin rolled his eyes and groaned. The group laughed. Mike takes Lauren's hand and drags her into a corner of the store. Mike picks her up and sets her on a counter. Lauren wraps her arms around his neck. They press their foreheads together and smile at each other. Mike pulls out a ring. It was silver and had a red diamond that resembled to a rose on it. Lauren gasped. Mike smiled "I found it when we were walking through the Claire's place." He said with a laugh. Mike put the ring on Lauren who was still speechless. "This is my proposal to you..." Mike trailed off. "I know it sounds weird because the world is ending and all. But I want you to be my wife. I don't know how long I'm going to be walking this earth, but I want to walk it and call you my wife." He added. Lauren's eyes tear up. "And we don't have to have a ceremony or anything. As long as you say yes that can be it. Our love story is different. So this is fine. It's perfect." Mike said and gripped Lauren's hand tighter. "So what do you say?" He said as he looked in his lovers eyes. "Y-y-ye-yes," Lauren said and smiled. "Of course." She added. Mike smiled and kissed her. "Hey let's go. We're gonna sleep then come rummage again." Austin said. Lauren and Mike walk to the car hand in hand. They sat in the same spots they did earlier. Each person fell asleep peacefully. The dreams they had were different but the story was the same. Morning came and they walked out of the car. Austin opened the door to the mall. "Here we go."