30

"Lauren. Wake up." Hazel said as she shook Lauren. "Hm." Lauren moaned. Her eyes fluttered open. Hazel pointed out the window. Lauren looked where she was pointing and saw a couple walkers. "It's not a big deal. We can get them in the morning." Lauren said as she went back to sleep. Hazel quietly snuck out the car door. She smiles at a walker. "Hello." Hazel whispered quietly. For the next hour or so she ran around with the walker. Lauren eyes opened to the sound of laughter. "Hazel?" Lauren said quietly. Hazel laughed. Lauren got up and saw Hazel feeding a walker a dead mouse. "Hazel no!" Lauren screamed as the walker almost bit Hazels arm. Hazel giggled. Lauren struggled to open the door. "Hazel!" Lauren yelled. It woke up the two men in the front. "What the fuck?" Mumbled John. The walker started to stand up when Hazel laughed again. Lauren finally got the door open. "Hazel STOP!" Lauren yelled and knocked the walker to the ground. "Toss me a knife!" Lauren yelled to John. He tossed it to her and she grabbed it. "NOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO!!!!" Hazel shrieked. Lauren stabbed the walker in the head. Hazel fell to the ground and cried. Lauren hugged her. They sat there quietly when they heard a person scream. Lauren shot her head around and saw John getting bit on the side by a walker. He was screaming and sobbing. Jared stabbed the walker in the head. Lauren sighed as her eyes slowly filled with tears. Hazel laughed. Jared looked at her. "Why are you laughing? He just died!" He said. Hazel shook her head. "He's not dying. He's changing." Hazel replied. Lauren gave Jared a worried look. "Honey..." Lauren began. She looked at Hazel who was now holding a knife. "We can change too." She said. Lauren grabbed the knife from her hand. "No. we can't." She said and walked to the car and Hazel followed. Jared drove as Lauren and Hazel cuddled.