31

Mike awoke to the sound of talking. He looks around and sees Austin and Melanie talking. Zach was still sleeping. "'Morning sleeping beauty." Austin said. Mike pushed him lightly and chuckled. Austin laughed. "I'm hungry." Lauren groaned. Austin looked at her. "We all are. There's hardly any food anymore." He said. Melanie put her face in her hands. "I haven't eaten in five fucking days." She mumbled. "I haven't eaten in seven days. We're all struggling." Said the now awake, Zach. Mike nodded. "We should go out hunting." Austin said. Zach shook his head and so did Melanie. "No way." He said. "Then me and Austin will." Mike stated. Austin nodded. "Let's go now."

"Lauren!" Hazel yelled. Lauren jogged to where Hazel was in the middle of a very small town. The town was deserted before the apocalypse. There was only one small store. And three incredibly small houses. They were staying in a small house. Hazel hugged Lauren. "What is it?" Lauren asked. "There aren't any creepers here." Jared said, behind the two. "Walkers." Lauren corrected him. He nodded. "Whys that a bad thing?" Lauren asked. "Because I can't make any new friends." Hazel whined. "Hazel we've talked about this." Jared said slowly. Hazel shook her head. "It's almost been two years since this thing started. I'm stuck believing this way." She said. "Yes. But remember what I said before the apocalypse. Dead people are gone." Jared said. Hazel was hesitant but sadly nodded. "I'm going to go drive around. Look for something." Jared said as he got in the car. Hazel and Lauren nodded. "Be careful." Lauren said. Jared nodded.

"Over here!!!" Austin said as he opened a door to a small store. They scavenged through he whole store. They took whatever they could find and put it into the trunk of a car they found about two months back. "You know it's been almost six months since Lauren died." Mike said softly. "How can you tell?" Austin asked. "There's a calendar in my pocket and I have this watch." Mike replied as he took out the watch that Lauren's dad gave to him. Austin nodded in response as they continued to scavenge through the store. The two heard a door slam. Austin ran to the noise. Mike gathered more things as he did so. He heard arguing so he slowly walked to Austin. "What's goi-" Mike was cut off. "Mike?" A familiar voice asked. Austin moved out of the way, which revealed Dr. Jared. "You're dead." He mumbled. Mike looked confused. "No..." he said. "Lauren said you're dead." Austin gave Mike a look with wide eyes. "D-did you say Lauren?" Austin asked. Jared nodded his head. "Yeah she's with Hazel right now. This guy, Dwight I think, told her you were dead." Mike smiled widely as his eyes filled with happy ears. "She's alive?!" He boomed. Jared nodded. "Let's go get the others and then see her!" Austin yelled as tears fell down his face. Mike nodded. "Follow us." Mike said to Dr. Jared. He nodded. The three men got in Mike's car as they drove to the factory and explaining to what other what was going on.