A New Beginning

Harley's P.O.V

It's been a month since Joker threw me out. I can still hear his words echoing in my ears, every night I have nightmares of being thrown out of that window. I was in the hospital for a few weeks and now I am living with Ivy. She has been taking care of me since I was kicked out. I am doing some grocery shopping for dinner tonight. I think I'll make some nice soup for us with a small salad and some wine. It will be real classy and nice. Let's see all I need is some chicken broth, noodles, chicken breasts, a salad, and white wine. That is all, right? I wish that Ivy gave me a list of everything I need. "Harley?" a deep but cheerful voice says behind me. I turn to see, "Jerry Finger? Is that you?" one of the people who works for, well you can guess. We hug in a friendly manner, "I haven't seen you since that night." he says trying to avoid the name Joker. "How you been doll?" he asks. "I'm livin' with Ivy right now so things are going okay." "Oh wow. Well I know you and Joker had a falling out but there is this guy I know that I think you would like. Do you think you might want to try gettin' over him?" "Well... sure why not. I'll do it at least just for companionship ever girl's got her needs." We both laugh a little. "Okay well I'll tell him. How is 8 p.m. at Gotham Steakhouse?" "Sounds good, I'll be there." "Okay well I'll let him know. See ya later Harley." "Bye Jerry." I can't believe I just agreed to go on a date. Ivy will be so happy for me, I better hurry and get home so that I have time to get ready.

2 hours later

"I'm not completely sure about this date tonight. What do you think?" "Get over him and go meet a truly nice guy." "But I am... it's hard. What would you do Ivy?" "Get over him and move on." "I'm being serious right now." "So am I." "But I still love him." I say under my breath. "Just try not to think about him tonight okay? Focus on the guy you are meeting." "Okay, I'll try. What do you think of my outfit?" I say revealing a red, spaghetti strapped dress, that is tight at the top but goes out near the bottom, it is just long enough to cover my butt completely. I have my hair in a butterfly clip (which belongs to Ivy) and I have red heels on. "Wow." Ivy says as I walk out. "If this doesn't get that guy's attention I don't know what will?" *giggle* we both giggle a little. "Thanks so much Ivy, for everything. I mean that." "Just go have a good time but be home by midnight okay young lady?" "Yes mom." We both laugh and I leave. 

A few minutes later at the restaurant

I am so nervous, what is this guy gonna be like? Ding. I turn to see who just entered but it's not him. It's been a few minutes, maybe he heard about me and now doesn't want to come. Stop it Harl you are amazing any guy would be lucky to have you. "Harleen Quinzel?" A voice says behind me, "No it's Harley Quinn." I turn and say to the man. But when I see his face I immediately sit up straight in order to look more lady-like. "Hi, I'm Jim Quintel. It's a pleasure to meet you." he says with a deep but soft voice. "Hi, Harley Quinn. How are ya'." "Well hello Miss. Quinn." "Oh please call me Harley." He is so beautiful. "So you are the famous Harley Quinn." "Not really famous." "Oh, from what I have heard you are very famous." "Oh?" I blush a little. "Aren't you with that clown guy though?" "Oh, no. Not anymore anyways." "Well that is a shame on his part. If I had a girl like you I wouldn't let you slip away from me." I blush again, "Well I guess it's his loss then?" we both smile a little. "So are you still a bad girl or.. what?" "Oh no I'm good now." "That's too bad." "Well I am not always good." "Oh really?" We both blush at that. 

After a couple drinks and getting to know each other. We were finally at dessert my favorite time, when you decide where the date is going.

"So what is the most daring thing you have ever done?" I giggle a little as I say it. "Uhm. Probably when I skydived. Haha. What about you?" "Oh you don't wanna hear my stories." "Sure I do. It doesn't matter because you aren't that person anymore." "Okay, okay. One time I had to jump into a big thing of chemicals." "Wow." "And I don't know how to swim, haha talk about life or death." "Haha yeah." "Wow look at the time is it really that late?" "I guess it is late huh? Well Let me walk you to your car." "Oh thank you." I can't believe it went so well. "Well this is me." I say sadly, "I hope to see you again." He says with a smile, "Me too." I say. *sigh* That was fun, time to go home now. "Huh?" who is behind me? What is on my face? "J-Jim?" I say, everything is going dark what is this smell?