I'm Sorry

Time skip to the plane crash scene
"I've got to try." I shake my head in worry as I get up only to be shoved back down by Peggy. 
"No, you're not. You broke a wing!" She yells at me.
"I can't lose another person!" I yell back as I get back up to face her, my thoughts drifting to Bucky's death.
"What are you going to do? Walk to the plane? You can't fly! See, this is what I meant about you going to fight and becoming a casualty!" Peggy scolds me as I let out a frustrated sigh.
I shoot my head towards the radio as I hear it turn on. 
"Come in, this is Captain Rogers. Do you read me?" 
"Steve." I breathe out as I follow behind Peggy as she moves Morita aside.
"Steve is that you? Are you alright?" 
"Steve, it's Anastasia! Talk to me buddy." I speak to him as I grab a chair to sit on. 
"Peggy! Anastasia! Schmidt's dead." 
"What about the plane?" Peggy asks him with anticipation rising in her.
"That's a little bit tougher to explain." Steve's voice comes through nervously causing Peggy to look at me with an expression that made my heart break with guilt and sadness.
"Steve, give me your coordinates, I'll find you a safe landing site." I purse my lips.
There's no use in this. He's going to die. I know it. 
"There's not going to be a safe landing. But I can try and force it down." 
"I'll get Howard on the line, he'll know what to do." 
"There's not enough time. This thing's moving too fast and it's heading for New York. I gotta put her in the water." 
My god, I didnt know it hurt me to go through this. Who knew I would be pained over Captain America's death, the man who I read about in history books. 
"Please, don't do this. We have time. We can work it out." Peggy chokes out, making me put my hand on her shoulder. 
"Steve, there's gotta be another way." I tell him, raising false hope for a lost cause. 
"Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer a lot of people are gonna die. Peggy, Anya, this is my choice."
"He's going to survive isn't he?" Peggy turns to me with tears ready to fall from her eyes.
"I don't know." I lie to her as I struggle to keep myself from crying.
"Anya, tell me." Peggy pleads with me.
"I don't know. I'm sorry." I lower my head to avoid her eyes.
"Peggy?" Steve calls out due to the silence. 

"I'm here." I watch Peggy struggle with her emotions. 
"I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance."
"Alright. A week, next Saturday, at the Stork Club."
"You got it."
"Eight o'clock on the dot. Don't you dare be late! Understood?"
"You know, I still don't know how to dance."
"I'll show you how. Just be there." Peggy cries next to me.
I can't sit here and watch. I wipe my tears away as I get up to leave. I don't care if I risk my life or alter the future. I'm going to save Steve. 
I walk towards the exit of the room and gasp as I see a beautiful woman of color with red eyes, standing before me. Who is this? How'd she get here? 
"You are the only one who can see me right now." She speaks to me as if she read my mind. 
"You can read minds?" I ask in shock with my mouth agape.
"Just yours, sister." 
"Sister? I don't understand. Who are you?" What do you want?" I ask anxiously.
"I'm here to stop you. You can't save him. You'll alter the timeline." The mysterious women shakes her head at me, signaling me to go no further. 
"Who Steve? I have to help him," I choke out, "Looks like you'll have to kill me."
I try to brush past her but get stopped as she holds me back. 
"I'm sorry sister." She whispers to me as she presses her fingers against my head, making everything around me disappear into blackness as I fall to the floor.
(I know this is a short chapter and the story was rushed through, but I will be writing a second part to this story which will hopefully be better. Thanks for reading lovelies!)