Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Grey's Anatomy or any of its characters.

Everybody was silent. Then Derek swung into action. Get a gurney! We need blood! ABneg lots of it! Lots of stitches! Kraev book an OR and a head and torso CT." Derek kept listing off instructions as he collapsed onto the blood soaked ground beside Meredith. He softly stroked her head. He knew better than to move her yet. She grabbed the handcuff key from the ground beside the bed and undid Meredith's handcuffs. He was crying the whole time.

A gurney was pulled up outside the broken window. Not wanting to wait for a board Derek grabbed Meredith's tiny body very gently and placed her onto the gurney. People flocked around the gurney as cuts were stitched up, blood was inserted into her body, and Meredith was given a heavy dose of pain medication.

Bailey pulled her in to get a CT. She found that the scalpel and knife had barley missed her heart. He stomach had a rip in it along with her liver.

They took Meredith to get a ultrasound. They found that her stomach was slowly filling with blood. It was then Dr. Bailey noticed something strange in her uterus. What Miranda saw was shocking. She immediately paged Derek Shepard who had been pacing outside of Meredith's room. He barged in almost as soon as Miranda sent that page. "What! What's wrong with her." He said his eyes filling with tears.

"Well she has internal bleeding in her stomach and liver she also has multiple deep knife wounds and lots of glass pieces stuck in her back. I have not gotten her head CT scan back. I needed to come back here to check her stomach. Also... Derek you and Meredith were still... together around 16 weeks ago? Right?"

"Yes, I don't see what this has to do with anything." Derek replied stroking Meredith's hand.

"Well Derek. I was doing an ultrasound of her stomach and I saw something weird."

"Oh god. Oh no. Meredith." Derek said almost crying. "She has cancer doesn't she." Derek asked as a tear started to fall past his already puffy eyes.

"What! No, well really something much better than that. I think. Anyways. Derek Meredith's pregnant. With triplets."

Derek looked at Miranda in shock. Then at Meredith's stomach then back to Miranda.

"They are all alive. Though I don't know how." She said the last part mostly to herself. Anyways, it looks like you are going to be having two little boys and a girl." Miranda gave him a tense smile. Knowing this was going to be hard for him to deal with, mostly because of Addison and Rose.

He looked at her again for a minute his jaw a actually hanging open. Then he looked at Meredith and smiled, it was a small smile but he was so happy.

He was still smiling when he heard the alert signs going off on Meredith's monitor. He watched as her heart started to crash. He started doing CPR. Alex brought the crash cart in, but Derek refused. It wasn't until her heart was back at a steady rate that he turned to face Alex.

"She could have died! All because you didn't want a crash cart on her! Are you stupid! It's not like she's..." Alex faltered from the look on Derek's face. "Great! Just great! She's pregnant! How many two three?" Alex asked half joking. Until Derek's face gave it away again. "She's having twins!" Alex started. Derek shook his head and jerked his head upward. "Triplets! Oh my god." He said as he stormed out of the room.

It was then Christina came running into the room. "SHE'S PREGNANT! WITH TRIPLETS! TO YOU?" She demanded.

Derek was opening his mouth to reply when a very soft hoarse voice spoke up. "Who's present with triplets?" Meredith Grey asked her eyes not fully open. "Is it Izzy? Oh no. George must have really knocked her up this time." Everyone let out at chuckle at that. Leave it to Meredith Grey to crack a joke at a time like this.

Just as Derek went to tell Meredith it was not Izzy but her who was pregnant her whole body began violently shaking on the bed. Derek stood there in fear as two nurses rolled Meredith onto her side as she continued to shake violently.

At that very moment Miranda Bailey burst into the room she stared in shock as her strongest resident was having a seizure on a hospital bed. When the seizure was over Meredith started coughing, blood. As Meredith very slightly opened her eyes she saw her patient chart file in Derek's hands. She read over her chart as best as she could with her pounding head and her poor view. Then as she reached the bottom she noticed something that made her heart momentarily stop beating. She was the pregnant lady.

----------------------------------------------

7 hours later

After a very long and slow sugary. Dr. Beurk wheeled Meredith Grey out of the OR and in post OP. Mark Solon had finished one surgery and pushed into another. He didn't realize his second surgery would be on his best friends ex girlfriend. Nobody would tell him how it happened. Nobody could find the words. After making sure the stabs would scar as little as possible he walked over to Dr. Bailey to demand what happened. When he learned he almost wished he never knew.

He walked in to check on his patient and realized that Kraev was doing a rape kit.

That's when Derek came running. "I got to CT scans back! She's bleeding in her brain! It's inoperable to anyone but me! I need to do this!" Derek said to Bailey.

Even though she knew it was a very very bad idea Miranda Bailey slowly nodded her head.

Derek jumped into doctor mode. "You prep the OR. You get the fetal monitor and you page Addison Montgomery." Derek grabbed Meredith's gurney and wheeled her into the second surgery today.

I hope you like it! Please comment me ideas!