Chapter 8

I sat in the back of the car tears silently falling down my face.

"Please just let me go!" I said sniffling as I wrapped my arms around my belly.

"No were getting good money for you." Hammer said as the other man laughed.

I started to sob into my arm as they continued to laugh at me. My life had just gotten better. I was finally back on track and Derek and I had everything ready for the babies.

After about half an hour I stopped crying and I felt the car stop. "Grandpa were getting something to eat. If she moves shot her leg." I looked up to see an older man in the passenger seat looking back at me.

"Girl or boy?" He asked me his voice soft.

"Two boys and a girl. But it doesn't matter now. I'm going to die. And I'm never going to get to meet my children." I said bitterly.

The older man handed me a granola bar and a banana. "Just don't tell Hammer or Rocky."

I ate them quickly very grateful for the food. "Why are you doing this to me?" I asked sadly.

"We were hired to come kidnap you and make you fall off the face of the earth. She never wants to see you again." He looked sad his eyes darting around guilty.

"Who's she?" I asked but I already knew the answer.

"Rose. I never learned her last name."

"I know her. She dated my husband for a while but could never get over him leaving her. She tried to win him back multiple time. But he never went." I started to cry. "And now my children are going to die."

The old man looked like he was going to say something when Hammer and Rocky came back into the car. They had McDonald bags and they tossed grandpa a burger and some fries.

"Hammer will you switch seats with me. You two have to finalize the plan." Hammer looked like he was considering it before he nodded.

Grandpa climbed back with me and shared some of his fries. My stomach was growling and I was starting to feel very tired. I finished off the fries before grandpa gave me a ratty old blanket and whispered in my ear. "Go to sleep. I'll get you out of here."

I tried to stay awake but my heavily pregnant body was protesting so much I eventually gave in and shut my eyes.

----------------------------------------------

I was woken up to honking horns and the sound of cars rushing past. I looked out and realized we were on the highway heading away for Seattle.

"Stop the car." Grandpa said suddenly. "She's going to be sick." He elbowed me and I started to make gagging sounds and pretended I was trying to stop from puking.

We pulled off the highway and into a gas station. I went to get out of the car but Hammer grabbed me from behind as I leaned forward gagging.

"Let her go or I'll shoot." I whipped my head around to see grandpa holding a gun to Hammers head. He held onto me as we turned to face grandpa.

"I've called the cops. Let her go."

"Sorry gramps. No can do." Just as grandpa went to pull the trigger another gun sound was heard and a red stain appeared on grandpas shirt.

"Noooo!" I screamed as I struggled to get away.

"My name... is Adrian" he said he took his last breath and collapsed onto the ground dead.

"Get in the car." Hammer threw me into the car as they took off back onto the road. Not five minutes later around 10 police cars were crashing behind us trying to get Rocky to pull over.

He pressed the gas all the way down and took off the cop cars got on his trail. He sped around the corner so fast the wheels skidded. He managed to get the car back under control and we took off again.

As we sped into a bridge a barricade of cop cars were seen at the end. Also we were still being chased. "Shit Rocky we can't get caught!" Hammer yelled as Rocky got closer and closer to the cars. "I know!" He grunted. The suddenly without warning he pulled the wheel right and we went flying off the bridge into the water.

Uh oh. What's going to happen next???? Also sorry I took so long to update I've been really busy with school work😭.