Chapter 4

Disclaimer: I do not own Greys anatomy or any of its characters.

"Your daughter." He began clearing his throat. "She has very underdeveloped lungs. Also she is not growing or receiving the proper amount of nutrition needed for healthy growth. Her... her survival rate outside of the womb is... at best a... 30%."

Derek practically fell into the chair beside Meredith's bed. He was still looking over their daughters chart when Meredith began to stir. "Derek?" She asked slowly opening her eyes. "Wait, Mer." Derek said interrupting her. "Meredith Grey. You are the love of my life. I know I haven't exactly shown it recently, but it's true. Meredith I was scared I pushed you too far and too fast. That you were going to leave me. But Meredith Grey I swear if I had a ring on my right now it would already be on your finger." Derek declared smiling slightly.

Meredith looked at him in shock. "Really!" She asked a smile lighting up her face. "Really, Meredith Grey I want to spend the rest of my life by your side. I want you to be Meredith Shepard and I want you to fall asleep in my arms. Every single night." Meredith looked at Derek with complete joy on her face. "I... I want that too." Meredith said Derek's smile growing bigger and bigger by the second.

As the love struck couple kissed they had no idea that Derek's soon to be ex girlfriend Rose was standing outside the door listening with her hands clenched into fists. And a plan forming in her head.

Hey guys sorry this chapter was so short. Short n sweet was what I was going for!