XVIII

{ Alyssa }

Well, I'm mad at Joe also. Still at least I mean it's been 2 weeks abs he knows I'm mad. I don't want to be mad at him for Christmas, and he know I don't want to be mad.

I know he's been trying to cheer me up and I really appreciate it. Liam left about 5 days ago to go to Chicago for Christmas. It's not really easy having pneumonia and the flu during the Christmas holidays.

As I bend over the toilet here vomiting every single thing I've eaten or drank today. So I'm not exactly in the best mood.

"Alyssa? Are you ok in there."

"DOES IT LOOK LIK- you know what, I'm fine Joe. Don't worry."

He seemed very taken aback by what I just said. By my change in mood most importantly.

"Are you ok?" He asks very confused.

"I get it, you didn't tell me about the cube thing. It happens I just don't want to be mad about it anymore. Most of it is because I'm sick, but I'll be ok.....eventually."

I try to give him a smile but it's very difficult, my muscles are as weak as it gets.

"Let me help you." He says as he grabs my waist and gently picks me up. As if I was a delicate piece of chinaware.

"Joe, I'm not going to shatter like a piece of glass. I'm fine."

"Oh but you just might. So I really want to be
careful."

He lets me brush my teeth first before taking me back to the bed.

"Hey, get some rest. Ok? I love you too much to see you suffer like this."

"Aw I love you too."

I do what he asks me to do as I fall deep into slumber.

"Are you ok?"

Who said that?

"Alyssa? It's Will."

"Will? Where are you?"

He comes into the light with a candelabra in hand.

"Are you sick?"

"I don't think so."

"You look unwell, for my sake follow me. Liam wants to see you."

"Um ok, Will. What is going on here?"

The man who I thought was Will takes off a mask and I'm taken by the arms forcefully.

I get knocked out by a cloth over my mouth before waking up tied to a wooden chair.

"Who are you?" I ask the man as he walks around in front of me with a baseball bat in hand.

"You don't remember me babe? From the alley? I think I stabbed you sweetheart. I'd be just as happy to do it again if you don't tell me what you know about CS:GO lotto."

"I'll never sell out my friend. Do what you want with me."

"Alright, bring him in. Look babe, I don't want to do this to you and your cute little body but here's your worst fear."

The man from the bar who tried to sexually assault me comes out of the shadows as I try to scream. But a cloth has been tied around my mouth.

I shake my head furiously as the man walks over to my chair as he sits on me. His breath still reeling of scotch and tequila.

I continue to move my head away from the man when the guy who stabbed me snaps his fingers and I look up.

"Doll face, you better do this or I'll hurt Liam, I know where he lives and I know where he is right now. And I know he's really been wanting, craving, begging you to get better so he go back to you. So he can do the dirty deed, bump uglies, birds and the bees with you specifically."

I shake my head over and over practically begging him not to hurt Liam.

"Then let him do what he wants to do to you."

I comply and let the man put his hands all over me tears rolling down my face meanwhile.

My eyes open in a quick movement as my body springs up from the bed. Sitting in a pool of my own sweat and tears.

I get up as I hear voices coming from down stairs getting louder as they start to come up here.

I have to get out of here.

I put on some shorts, slip on my boots, and grab my purse as I jump out of the window. I land in the snow sort of forcefully as I get in my car and drive off.

I drive to a TJ.MAXX to find some random food nobody has ever heard of.

I go inside and go to the blankets section. Buy a nice blanket and leave to go to a hotel.

I hear a knock on the door as I attempt to sleep in the bed. It's probably the maid.

I get the door and there is Joe with flowers in hand.

"Are you ok?"

I burst into tears as he engulfs me into a hug. I tell him everything that I've ever kept bottled up to myself. Which is a lot.

"I will never let anyone touch you without consent, I promise you that."

"Thank you." I reply barely audible.

We ended up sitting in the bed, me sitting between his legs.

"You know Alyssa, you're a handful. And a little silly. But I love you. I'll love you no matter what, I promise."

"Promises are hard to keep Joe. My mother promised me. She never kept that promise and she left me. Don't promise me things you can't live up to."

"This is no ruse, I do promise that I will never stop loving you."

"Even if I stop loving you?"

"Always and forever."