•Eight•

Choi Youngjae's POV

I was reading the history book at the library. It was a total bless for me because the place was almost empty at this moment.

I tried to focus on my reading but my mind seemed to lose its concentration.

After taking a deep breath, I slowly closed the two inches book. What I needed to do right now was clearing my mind from this unimportant matter. This was sucked.

"Youngjae!" Unexpectedly, Mark hyung that just entered the library waving at me when he saw me alone. Slowly, he sat beside me, putting his books on the table. "Hey, you're here again. Alone." He uttered, shaking his head.

"What? I thought that you already used to it." I grumbled bitterly. "What are you doing here, Mark hyung?"

"Well, I searched for you."

"Why?"

"Since when I can't search my own best friend?"

"I'm just asking. Jeez."

"Anyway, are you okay, Youngjae? You seems a little..off." Mark hyung questioned me when he noticed how unlively I was. But, I didn't really pay attention.

"Hello? Earth to Youngjae." Mark hyung waved his hand in front of my face, snapping me back into reality.

I bit my lower lip as I stared at him. I didn't know what possessed me to talk but I couldn't stop myself.

"Mark hyung, you always know that I hate Jaebum right?"

"Umm..yeah. Of course."

All the concerns and frustrations finally bottled up inside of me, making me burning up with anger and disappointment. "I hate that guy even more. He is just a stupid fuckboy that love to break people's feeling. It's sickening me."

I clenched my fists, feeling the breakdown.

Mark hyung raised his eyebrow, totally weirded out with my absurd behavior.

"Jesus, what are you talking about? I don't understand."

"You know what, just ignore me." I slammed my head on the table, frustrated. "It doesn't matter anymore."

Mark hyung slowly shook his head in disappointment. "Youngjae, if you have any problem, you should just tell me." He spoke in encouraging tone. "Now, what's going on? No offence but you look like shit right now."

I sighed deeply and lifted my head up. I knew that I looked like shit, all thanks to that person.

"Mark hyung.. " I muttered softly. "I don't want this feeling."

If I needed to be honest, I felt like crying at this moment. But, it never been my intention for anyone to see me crying like a teenage girl because of a guy. It was ridiculous. And stupid. So, the only thing that I could do was keeping the sadness inside my heart.

Gently, Mark hyung wrapped his arm on my shoulders, trying to give me a comfort.

"Am I imagining thing or do you.. love him?" I was taken aback by surprise when he asked me the question that I wanted to avoid so much.

I gulped, trying to find the courage to answer the killer question. But I knew better that I would never been able to answer it. "It's complicated." I murmured softly. Somehow, that was the only statement that felt right.

"Youngjae...." He looked disappointed. "You deserve better than him."

I didn't have any desire to give any response. So, we fell into comfortable silence.