Coffee Shop Fiasco

Based off of an awesome illustration on Tumblr.

Sasuke attempts to get closer to Sakura, who is best friends with his annoying roommate, Naruto. 1k+ words.

Sakura pov

"Sakura-chan!"

"Hinata-chan! Come in, come in! Don't mind the books. I haven't seen you in forever! How are you?"

"Eh? Oh! Well, right now I'm studying for midterms, you?"

I beamed. "Same. So..." I smirked and poked Hinata's arm. "How are you and Naruto doing?"

Her face immediately got red. I giggled and said, "There's no need to get embarrassed! You've been dating for over a year! So, how have you two been doing? Is Naruto studying, or is he procrastinating and eating ramen like the idiot I know?"

Hinata giggled at this. "Well, actually, I decided he wasn't allowed to eat ramen unless he studied."

"You're evil, Hinata-chan! And how is he coping?" I laughed inwardly on Naruto's misery.

"He's studying, believe it or not, but..." She got a mischievous look in her eye. "Naruto-kun wants a certain pinkette to help him."

I laughed at this. "Does he not realize I wouldn't let him eat ramen whether or not he studied?"

Hinata's smile grew larger and she shook her head laughing, "Most likely not." There was a comfortable silence as we both sipped the tea I had prepared earlier.

"There's one thing going on in my life..." I grinned and Hinata raised an eyebrow. "There's this CUTIE that works in the coffee shop!"

Hinata also grinned. "Oh? Sakura-chan, you're in love!" She mocked me as I swatted gently at her. "What makes him attractive?"

I looked up, "Well...he's always crossing his arms, and he always wears a glare. But, I think he's a big ol' softie! I know what, we can visit the shop tomorrow, if that's okay with you. I was planning to study there anyway."

"I think I'll be able to, but I need to double check. After a few swipes on her phone, she looked up and nodded, smiling. Her eyes widened. "Speaking of glaring, Naruto-kun's new roommate is kind of like that. He'll try starting conversations, but he never replies!"

I snickered. "Naruto shouldn't worry about that. If he could get Gaara to warm up, he can get anyone."

"That's true!"

The next day...

I met up with Hinata at my favorite coffee shop. "Hey Hinata-chan! Let's go inside, it's kinda cold."

"But you're still going to order a frappuccino."

"Yep!"

As soon as we stepped in, the bells on the door jingled, and we were welcomed with the scent of cinnamon. I froze. "Hinata-chan! Look, there he is! He's washing the dishes, hurry!"

I stood on my tiptoes to get a better view of the barista. He stood out with his onyx hair and eyes. Not to mention, his hair was styled really cutely. He glanced sideways at us, and Hinata froze as I waved awkwardly. "Th-that's Naruto-kun's roommate! Sasuke Uchiha!"

The mysterious man turned fully and we both immediately were petrified.

Sasuke pov

Looks like Sakura is here again, only this time she's brought a friend. Sakura waves, and I make a small wave back before going back to the dishes. Her friend looks pretty familiar, but I can't really place it. Then I hear them mention my name and I stiffly turn towards them.