Apocalypse

This story is in Sakura's point of view. This is also a shoutout to TsukiSanran Saku-chan715  Atsuko_Mikako fantastixgirl
sugercanewonderland konohaguild and many, many more. I encourage you to keep writing comments to tell me how I'm doing, and that you can request prompts as well.

We were an unlikely pair: a low-tempered jock and a high-tempered bookworm.

But people do crazy things to survive.

"Sakura, let's get out of here before they come back. Quit daydreaming and let's go."

"Shut it." I snapped. "I was in the middle of thinking of a good beginning if I ever write a book when I survive."

"You mean, if, you survive."

"Shouldn't you be asking yourself that question?" I snorted and shouldered my backpack, walking over to my idiot companion.

Twitching arms and legs on the ground caught my attention. "Hey Sasuke, look! There're still pieces from my last victim moving!" I laughed sadistically and poked it with the edge of my sword.

"You make it seem so gruesome. It was really self-defense, and should I even count those things as people? How interesting..."

I waved my hand in front of his face. "Hey, that's my job to daydream," I reminded him.

"Oh," He scratched the back of his duckbutt hair. "Sorry."

"So..." I trailed off. "Where do we go now?"  

"We now try to find a sanctuary where others that survived met up."

"And...? That's it? What if there aren't any other survivors? Then what?"

Sasuke calmly replied, "I don't know, you're the smart one."

I gritted my teeth and walked on ahead of my companion. "Wait up!" He called and soon met my strides. "Where are we going?"

"An evacuation centre. If it's not flooded with zombies, we can fight the remaining few and take it over. It has plenty of food, plus there's a radio signaler. We could get in touch with the possible others that aren't eating each other like cannibals," I explained impatiently.

"That seems like a good idea."

I scoffed. "Of course it is."

"Why don't you tell me the beginning of your story?" Sasuke suggested.

I sighed. "Fine, fine. I was thinking of starting it off like this: 'A low-tempered jock and a high-tempered bookworm wouldn't usually be what someone thinks when "Zombie apocalypse survivors" pops into mind. But people do crazy things to survive.'"

"Nope."

"What? Why not?" I argued.

"I think it could be reworded a little better."

I snorted. "You can prove yourself by fixing the first sentence."

"Well I was thinking more of: 'We were an unlikely pair: a low-tempered jock and a high-tempered bookworm.'"

I grinned. That wasn't half bad! "Meh, that was okay. But sure, you pass."

"What would be next?"

"Prolly something that would introduce the characters a bit more."

"Yeah, but how would it end?"