Nerds

This is a very dark story, but I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it! This was requested by pufferela2 . 600+ words.

"Oi, Forehead!"

The pinkette turned around to find an excited blonde named Ino bounding towards her. Ino didn't really consider herself to be friends with Sakura, and the feeling was mutual.

To put it plainly, Sakura Haruno, age 16 in her sophomore year of high school, did not have a single friend. Well, there was Naruto, her chem lab partner...but he really just copied off her answers.

"What Ino?" Sakura was tired. She really didn't want to talk to anyone, really. Her palms got all sweaty, and so did her armpits. Sakura had a social anxiety disorder.

So, she had no friends. Sakura was fine with it.

Because she was tired.

"I heard there's gonna be a new guy coming over! Aren't you excited? I've heard he's really cute~!"

Sakura hated talking about boys. No, she was not asexual, she just didn't like talking in general. It tired her out, just like everything else. If you didn't look hard enough, you wouldn't have ever even known she existed. Strange, right?

She sighed. "That's really cool, Ino. Have you seen him?"

"No," Ino replied. "But I was planning to tour Sasuke-kun for the first day." She fluttered her eyelashes flirtatiously thinking about the student.

Why do people enjoy talking about others? It's boring. Sakura was tired of being talked about, tired of picking up the razor blade, tired of living, tired of feeling alive when she drags the blade shallowly into her left arm.

Sakura Haruno, age 16 in her sophomore year of high school, was tired.

"I've got to go," She says and pulls on her long sleeves a little more.

"How rude," Ino snorts and walks away, swinging her voluptuous hips.

Sighing again, Sakura quickly walks into the bathroom. There are a few laughs and the posse of girls keep gossiping. She walks over to the sink and splashes herself with cold water quickly before drying her hands.

She flinched when she heard something being called a second time. "Slut," A certain dark blue-haired girl muttered. "I heard she slept with half the baseball team."

"Hinata, it's rude to say things you don't really know about," A brown-haired girl said, chastising her friend. "But what I do know is that she slept with the whole team!"

Sakura ignored them. She began to walk out when a hand grabbed her.

"L-let me g-go!—"

"Oh look, she finally talks!"

"S-somebody please help me," Sakura whimpered before fainting.

.........................................................

"Hn, get up."

What...? Who is th— "Get up!"

Immediately she snapped straight up. The second tone used was too much like the girls. "You look hurt. What happened...?"

Sakura raised a brow and asked, "Shouldn't you ask if I'm okay?"

"Why would I? You're obviously not," the stranger pointed out.

"O-oh," Sakura stuttered, embarrassed while scratching the back of her head sheepishly. I know he's not going to be different. I always think so, but then it comes back to bite me in the ass.

Hinata Hyuga was one of those people, along with Temari, and Tenten. Tenten and I used to be the best of friends, what happened? Even I don't know...

"Hello? I asked who did this to you."

Panic washed over Sakura. If word gets out, I'll be bullied even more! She laughed, hoping it would cover up her misery. "That's a terrible laugh. One of my friends from Oto is just like that."

Oto? He squatted down to meet Sakura's eyes and held out a hand. "Never mind. Come on, I'll help you."

                                    fin