The Blind Date

"Jade, I have a friend who—"

"Jesy, for fuck's sake, I don't want to have another blind date again." I interjected with a frown plastered on my face.

It has been 10 excruciating months since the break-up and I became single since then. I was genuinely not ready to update my relationship status. But evidently one of my friends who goes by the name of Jesy dislikes her friend being single and free and decided to just control me and set me up with what she claims 'blind dates'. And let's just say that's been going on for like 2 months already.

Don't get me wrong, but I incredibly dislike the idea of dating someone whom you don't even know physically. And as much as I trust Jesy in picking a great woman for me...I kinda just want her to stop.

"Oh, come on, Jadey! This is the last time, I swear." Jesy clasped her hands together, sounding as convincing as she usually is and I just had to roll my eyes at her. By the way she sounded right now, it's like she was the one excited and not the person who's going.

"Jesy, do you know that you've been saying that phrase too often now?"

   "Jade, do you know that I don't care?" Jesy retorted, giving me her typical 'duh' expression that never seemed to get old. "Come on, Jade. I swear to almighty that this would be the very last. Just think of it as a favor, yeah?"

     I rolled my eyes at the older brunette, my eyebrows furrowed as I glare at her. "Jesy, did you not hear me earlier? I do not want to go."

   "Jade, come on! I already told the lady that you'll be meeting her tonight and it would be mortifying if I decline my own offer to a friend."

   "I don't care. Tell her to go find another because I won't go." I replied bluntly, conspicuously not seeming to care at this point.

   "What if I tell you that the woman is very pretty...?"

     I scoffed. "Oh please, Jesy. Your words never seemed to change my mind nowadays..."

   "But, Jade, I'm serious! She's like legit pretty. She's like Athena in real life! And you know what's better? She likes Fall Out Boy, too! Oh my God! You guys are so meant to be together!" Jesy gushed, exaggerating with her hand gestures.

     I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Jesy, do you remember the last time you said that to me? Last Monday, when you set me up on a date with Ophelia, one of your co-worker's sister! And you even told me she isn't peculiar nor eccentric but look what I found out; the girl has a morbid interest in funerals! Who the fuck likes funerals?"

   "My brother likes funerals..."

     I looked at Jesy weirdly and just shook my head. "Look, what I'm saying is...I don't feel like dating anyone right now." I admitted to my best friend.

   "And your wish will be my command," Jesy said, and just when I thought I could finally breathe in the victory, she added: "But only if you go on a date with my friend first..."

     I groaned and frustratedly ran a hand through my ombré waves and rested them on my shoulders. "You're seriously not letting this go, huh?"

   "Pretty please?" Jesy mimicked a child, flickering her eyelashes in an annoying way that caused me to roll my eyes and eventually I gave in.

     I groaned in vexation. "Fine!" But before I gave Jesy a chance to pump her fists in victory, I abruptly added, "But I swear to the gods in heaven that if this girl isn't what I hoped nor anticipated for...I will have to resort to killing you, Jesminda."

"Done deal, boo."

-•-•-

I scrutinized myself in the mirror before stepping outside the bathroom and walked downstairs towards my living room to wait for my 'blind' date.

As I sat down, my phone went off and I fished it from my pocket before answering it. "Hello?"

"Ehm, hi. Ehm, my name is Perrie and ehm, I got this number from Jesy? And she told me you're my date..."

If I was standing at the moment, my knees would be jelly right now and would've melted instantly. Her voice was so adorable I could seriously imagine her as a cutie one. I smiled, "Oh, ehm, yeah, that's me! Ehm, I'm ready for the date actually."

   "Oh, really? Ehm, okay! I'll pick you up in a few minutes, yeah?"

   "Yeah, sure!"

"Okay! Ehm, just so you know, I'm really excited to meet you, Jade." Perrie spoke from the other line, not seeing the huge smile that had already been plastered on my face and the reddish color of my cheeks from blushing. I'm not sure if she knows this but I'm pretty excited as well.

Then she hung up, leaving me completely flustered and blushing madly. What was wrong with me? I didn't even know the girl personally, hell not even physically for that matter. Though I hope she would be someone I couldn't deny.

A few moments later, a doorbell woke me up from a snooze and I'd be lying if I said I took my time before opening the door. I opened the door only to find a ravishing woman standing in front of me with a smile which I thought would be inexistent, but boy am I so wrong...

"H-hello, uhm, if you're wondering... I'm Perrie." The woman spoke before I could even think about what to say. I stared at her, more like gawking actually like a fangirl who just saw a real-life Justin Timberlake.

"And I'm Jade." I replied, still couldn't find the energy to pull my eyes away from her bodacious body. Stop staring, Jade!

"So, are you ready for our 'blind' date...?" She asked. Then she added, "even though it's not really a blind date considering we already saw each other before the date even happe–" she stopped and chuckled, and all I could think about was how beautiful her chuckle is. Then later on, she continued, "I'm sorry. I'm just hella nervous right now because I've never been on a blind date before..."

This had caused me to laugh. Perrie has to be the only person I know who doesn't look nervous but when she stutters, it's like she's talking to a criminal who points a gun at her. "It's alright, really. Actually, even though the date hasn't started and I don't genuinely know you personally, I'm certain you have a unique and appealing personality."

"Really?" She asked, and I swear I saw utter hopefulness within her blue irises that caught my full attention.

I smiled. "Really."

"And I'd say the exact same thing for you." She stated boldly with a winning smile.

"Really?" I imitated her, chuckling.

"Really."

"Okay, then."

Perrie's smile grew bigger that her eyes were smiling as well. "Okay."

~•~•~

And that's how I met wife. Perrie Louise Edwards-Thirlwall. The most wonderful, charming and attractive woman I have ever met in my entire life. The woman whom I thought would be just like any other woman I've had a 'blind' date with a few years ago. The woman who replaced all the crestfallenness and despair in my heart with felicity and hopefulness that I thought I would never have ever since the harsh break-up I had experienced.

"You won't regret it, Jadey. I promise you that."

And for the first time, I thanked Jesy for introducing me to this lovely lady who I can now call my lady.

Hows the story???😊😊