That Girl Was Something

Jade Thirlwall.

An edge of my lips curved up as I smirked at the thought of the girl's name. I crossed my arms to my chest and sluggishly laid my back on my seat, my eyes doing their normal routine as they glance at the brown-eyed girl who was conspicuously squirming under my intense stare. I grinned victoriously as I looked back at the blackboard.

That girl definitely likes me. And as arrogant as that sounded, I know that it was the truth. She was just playing hard-to-get.

"Psst... Jade!" I whisper-shouted. But she didn't bother to look at me. I stared at her, more like stared at her jawline which actually looked hotter when you look at it closely.

"Edwards, please stop that," her innocent and childish voice caught my attention as I met her uneasy gaze.

I feigned innocence, tilted my head. "Stop what? Looking at your beautiful face?"

She nodded sharply. "Yes."

I shook my head, my charming smile still plastered on my pretty face. "I would appreciate a 'thank you'---you know. I'm sure it was your first time to hear someone compliment you like that."

"It was definitely not the first time I have been complimented... especially by you," she tells me matter-of-factly. "And I would appreciate it if you just stop with your innocent facade because it doesn't take a genius to figure out how arrogant and presumptious you are."

I raised my eyebrows in astonishment and surprise. Well, this girl is definitely something I'll give her that. She's basically the only new student who didn't give in that easily---and it bothered me. I leaned my cheek upon my hand as I stare at her. To be frank, the longer I peer into her intense and mysterious hazel brown eyes, the more I desire to touch her. I raised my hand and slowly lifted it towards her face when I suddenly felt my hand being slapped away and simultaneously heard my name too.

"Thirlwall and Edwards, first warning."

My eyes darted up at Miss Halls, my History teacher who apparently happens to be a bitch and ruin the only chance I could have with Jade. I looked back at Jade, whose eyebrows were connected and I knew she was upset because of what I did.

I chuckled, "Relax, love. It's just a warning."

She shot me a glare. "Yeah, for you. I swear if I get detention on my first year of school---"

"Trust me. If you know Miss Halls you'd know how forgetful she is," I smiled at her reassuringly and leaned closer to the side, my face inches away from her. I whispered, "She'll even forget you even had a warning."

Jade gave me an incredulous look, as if she isn't even believing at least a single word that I said. Though it seems like my smile looked adequately genuine because when she saw it, her face softened and she heaved a soft sigh and nodded subtly.

I chuckled. That girl was something.

~•~•~

Jade Thirlwall.

Once again, an edge of my lips curved up as I smirked once I saw her passed by the corridor. Only 3 days had passed by without a sight of her pretty face yet here I am, leaning back on my car's leather seat, cogitating about how that girl whom I know little to nothing seemed to effortlessly take my breath away.

Impulsively, I unbuckled my seatbelt and quickly got out of my car as I jogged towards her.

"Hi, Jade," I greeted cordially once I reached her, running my fingers through my blonde waves as I rest them on my shoulder.