Awkward

Perrie stared straight ahead the whole ride. Neither of them spoke a word and Jade didn't turn on the music like she usually does. It was precariously quiet and Perrie felt a bit uncomfortable all the time so she had to shift positions from time to time. Jade took sneaky glances at the blonde here and there but had no courage to prolong any of them.

Angry Perrie isn't something Jade wanted to deal with anyway.

Right now, the brunette attempts to reverse the car back into the parking space. Jade was that type of driver who holds the back of the passenger's headrest every time she does it, so it is getting quite difficult for her to reverse the vehicle without doing so. She did not want to bother the blonde any more than she did today.

Perrie noticed this, though, but didn't have the energy to comment on it. So she remained her position until the brunette successfully parked the car (which took five excruciatingly long minutes).

Jade turned off the car's engine, unclasped her seatbelt, and got out to open Perrie's door as usual - only to find the blonde already outside.

Before Jade could even hold herself back, she spoke abruptly, "I was supposed to open your door."

"You were too slow," Perrie replies flatly, fishing her phone right after and walking away.

Jade opened her mouth to reply, but closed it when the other woman seemed too far away to hear her. She rolled her eyes at how childish the blonde seemed to be when in fact Jade should be the one angry here. She can deduce from that alone that perhaps having Perrie as a girlfriend comes with losing to all arguments.

Jade quickly locked the car and jogged up to catch up with her, slowing down when she's already beside her as they walk towards the lifts. Their bodies were about a few inches away than their usual distance; Jade made sure that her arm doesn't touch Perrie's as they walk, not wanting Perrie to burst out with a 'don't touch me, we haven't made up yet' (Jade hasn't heard her say it, but she imagines her saying it anyway) .

The brief ride in the lift was just as frigid; Perrie pushing the buttons a bit forcefully with Jade leaning on the railing in the opposite corner, rolling her eyes at the woman's childish mannerism. Silence reigned, until there was a small chime and the doors opened.

Perrie stepped out first with Jade trailing behind. The pair approached the hostess, who smiled brightly at them.

"Good evening, do you have a reservation?" said the woman clad in a woman's suit.

"Nelson, table for four at seven pm?" Perrie answered. Jade was behind her doing God knows what in her phone. "She should already be here by now."

"Ah, yes. Please follow me."

Perrie returned the hostess' smile and followed her. She didn't turn back to check if Jade is following. Instead, she took a deep breath and prepared herself as they turned around the corner.

Soon enough, they spotted Jesy and Leigh-Anne seated at the rounded table. Jesy's back was facing them so Leigh-Anne was able to spot them first. A wide smile splashed across her features as she waves them over.

"Hey, girls!" she squealed.

Jesy turned around and giddily exclaimed, "Finally!"

"Hey, guys," Perrie exerted all her effort into the greeting, going around the table to hug her friends. In her peripheral vision, Jade is doing the same thing. "Have you guys ordered yet?"

"Not yet." Jesy gestured to the two empty seats on the opposite side. "Sit, sit!"

Perrie rounded and slid in to sit down, putting her cardigan beside her as to give her and Jade a little space in between. She's still a little mad about their argument earlier so might as well imply it to Jade. At the corner of her eye, she sees Jade pausing for a moment, probably looking at the cardigan, before promptly sitting down a few centimeters away from the piece of clothing.