Laurens's House, New York, USA

prepare for ooc characters throughout this entire story ;)

|/~¬*

After a knock, lasting for at least three seconds, emitted from the door downstairs, John forced himself to get off of Tumblr and walk groggily down the carpeted, white stairs. He walked over to the front door, made of painted-white metal and bent to pick up the scattered letters across the floor. He flipped through all of them. Half were unpaid bills whilst the rest were all junk. John pulled himself up to his normal height and reached his hand for the doorknob. Once had laid his hand on it, he stared through the blurred glass. It was hard to make out who it was as they were facing away, but they did have black hair. Then again, plenty of people he knew had black hair. He pulled down the handle slowly, taking a quivering breath as he did so. Upon opening it, he jumped directly into the arms of the person standing before him. He wrapped his arms over the person's shoulders and clung to his back, whilst his legs wrapped just above the person's waist.

"You okay there, Laurens?" the person asked jokingly, smiling as they wrapped their own arms around Laurens.

Laurens said nothing, but nodded instead, his jaw smacking lightly against the person's shoulder. He felt tears form into his eyes, "now that you're here," he said, his voice cracking in between.

"I've only been gone a year," the person said, laughing a little as he walked into the house, carrying Laurens.

"Only." Laurens smiled a little as the person put him down inside the house. "Alex," by now, the person was now closing the door. Once they'd done so, they turned to look at Laurens, pausing everything just so he'd know that they were letting him speak. "I missed you."

Laurens let out a small smile, showing no teeth as he felt the tears that had previously formed in his eyes streamed down his cheeks. After a maximum of three seconds of smiling, he began frowning. He raised a hand to his mouth and biting the side of his hand. He lowered his slightly head to look at the ground, his eyes focusing on the floor and only the feet of Alex visible to him. Then those feet began to move close to him. Alex stood placed in front of him. One of Alex's hands moved to get Laurens's hand out of his mouth, whilst the other wiped away his tears. "I missed you too," Alex said, bringing in Laurens for yet another hug. This time it was slow and comforting. And, despite Laurens being insecure of his sadness, he cried directly into the chest of Alex. "Please never forget that I will always miss you if you aren't here and that I need you with me at all times." Laurens couldn't speak. He nodded instead, but he knew it didn't make up for anything he'd said before Alex had left. In fact, he knew saying three things in the span of fifteen minutes didn't make up for anything he'd even done.

"Hamilton?" John asked, looking up at Alex's face, who looked down but didn't release Laurens from the hug.

"Yeah, John?" Alex said, his emotion not changing on his face, but his eyes becoming filled with both tears and happiness.

"You aren't an unintelligent idiot who doesn't care for anyone," Laurens said, feeling the tears run down his cheeks again. "And you shouldn't die. And I do care for you. And you're not a low-life loser who I never want to see again. And I hope you know that. And I hope you'll forgive me for all the things I said before you go mad and left. And I-"

Laurens was pulled tighter into the warm, comforting hug. He then felt watery pellets hit the top of his head like rain as he'd looked down mid through his previous sentence. He'd formerly had his eyes squeezed shut so that he could resist the tears spewing out of his eyes like Niagara Falls. It felt like rain, but the two were inside. Then it hit John. "No, no, no, no, no. Alex- Alex please don't cry. Please, Alex. You've been gone a year and I don't want this to have you crying. Alex, please don't cry," John said, opening his eyes, pulling himself out of the hug and stretched up to wipe away Alex's tears.

Alex couldn't help but to cry. He grabbed Laurens by the hand and pulled him closer. If he were dare open his eyes, they'd be bloodshot and red, so he resisted. He stopped pulling Laurens once he was roughly a step and a half away. John naturally raised his head to meet what would have been eye contact had Alex had his eyes open, but he didn't. Alex leant forward and kissed John on the forehead. Once Alex had finally opened his eyes. They were exactly as he thought they'd be: each sclera was stained red and the glassy looks in his eyes were still there. "I love you, John."

"I love you too, Alex."