Caraphernelia

. . .

As the painful, bitter seconds that ticked by in a leisure matter, MinYoung was already aware of her time nearing to the final end. 

Jin could not attend the meetings with the council and often requested for Lucia to take his place. She never refused when it comes to the topic of her Mother. The Lady's health was the most significant priority amongst all. The people cherish her and so does the Lady cherish the loved region.

Even if the meetings bored Lucia, she took it seriously in hopes that the worries would be elevated off from MinYoung's mind. She wants the Lady to live in peace without having turbulent thoughts racing in her head. 

She's been on the bed for the past several days. To get up and walk around the mansion took a toll on her breathing. She would sometimes cling onto Jin and wheeze for air. Sitting down on a chair alleviated the illness, but it wouldn't stop the disease from taking over. 

The Lady tries to hide her struggles and being the generous husband, SeokJin carries her back to the master chamber. It didn't bother him whatsoever. He misses moments like these. It's been a while since he could carry her, as if it were the beginnings of their married life. Other times, MinYoung would scold him and get embarrassed. 

Regardless of being the important Lady, she wants to make amends to her late Father. She wants to keep her profession and display an attitude that would be accepted by her Father. 

She hadn't realised all along that the old man had already recognised her eagerness before his passing. She was cornered into thinking that she isn't enough. She wants to do more. 

MinYoung felt like a young woman all over again. Spoiled. Favoured. Cherished. Admired and most of all prioritized. 

She had given her all to the region and in return she perceived a loving family. 

What was left of MinYoung were her remaining breaths and smiles. 

Whenever SeokJin hears her strained breaths, he'd apply more ointment on her back and cradle her body in his arms. His chest would sometimes constrict from the mere sight of her in agony. Nonetheless, MinYoung smiled through the internal pain. They inflicted physical and emotional agony. 

He did not want anyone to approach MinYoung other than himself. He chose to abandon his role as the King in order to stay with his Lady. He wanted her to get better. 

"Jin ... thank you."

MinYoung placed a chaste kiss on his cheek, unbeknownst that it would be her last. 

SeokJin doesn't say anything. His embrace around her thin, malnourished body gradually stiffens. He hadn't thought of the future that far. He was content with the present, being with MinYoung, Lucia, Luciel and the rest of the citizens in St. Lucis. 

They held a great significance in his heart. 

"MinYoung ... thank you ... for being kind to me."

She snuggles closer to his embrace and breathes in deeply. MinYoung squeezes her eyes shut to tolerate the spreading agony. The medicine and herbs weren't enough to neutralize her sickness. 

She felt sad that SeokJin's embrace couldn't lift up her emotional spirit.

The weather runs cold, brisk and unsettling to the country of Amaryllis. Citizens shower themselves with warmth whilst some had to endure the blistering snow. Tears that could no longer be shed were evident in everyone's eyes.