XI: His Embrace

Cradling his lifeless body in her arms with dolor in her tears, Luciel whined out loudly at the hollow and secluded maze around her. 

Jungkook could no longer hear her ceaseless whines, blood-curdling screams reverberating around or even the sniffles from her blocked nose. Both were covered with his thick blood staining all of their attires. 

She hysterically cried out to him again repetitively, hoping that this was all just an act. She hoped that he would wake up and laugh at her face. She hoped that the blood on his blouse was just smeared tomatoes.

"Jungkook! Please-!" 

She sucked in a huge amount of air, ignoring the obstacle running down her nose as she squeezed her eyes shut. Her body trembled endlessly as Jungkook's vessel remained immobile. Her heart raged roughly against her chest whilst Jungkook was a silent void. 

"Jean Jungkook!" 

Nothing will bring him back. 

Luciel held onto him even tighter, collapsing her weight onto Jungkook as her chest heaved up and down. The pain was unbearable for Luciel. She leaned back and forth, constantly calling out to the cold and unconscious Jungkook. 

"Why-?"

Was there a real reason as to why he had to die in the end? Was there a reason as to why the remaining two items to find were easy? 

No one was there to lift her up. No one was there to pat her on the back or even comfort her with mellifluous words. There was no one around them except the deceased Jungkook.

Jimin

Her teary eyes shot open. 

A sacrifice had to be taken in order to save a life. It may seem truculent and unfathomable to the heart and eyes. Yet if Jungkook was so keen in sacrificing himself for Luciel, then she was really keen in finding that letter from Jimin.

Those words were the only answer hidden from her. 

Had Jungkook purposely mistreated Jimin on that day for this purpose?

" ... you boneheaded jerk."

She slightly pulled away from slumping over, breathing as much as she can as Luciel glanced at his pale face. Blood stains were smeared on his lips and she knew it would stain on her shirt as well. Her mind was at a mess, lost and devoid of anything to think, except Jimin.

Her eyes trailed to his bloody lips that were pale blue like his eyelids. Time didn't feel like forever, yet his death was passing by in a fleeting way that it almost felt unfair for her. 

His eyes stared straight ahead, unmoving and dead. 

Luciel sniffed again, before placing her palm on his forehead and leisurely swiping them down to his lips. His eyelids close for now and for eternity. 

Jimin had been brought back surreptitiously under the demand from Jungkook back to St. Lucis. The lad still has the letter folded inside his pocket, fumbling with his fingers as he averted contact from Taehyung. 

None of the bodyguards from Scientia knew about his disappearance or about the sudden movement. 

They only knew that Jimin was brought back to Jungkook's chamber. 

Jimin had been placed back in Luciel's room as he waited for the ordeal to be over. He had precisely counted from the timer situated on her table that it had at least been an hour. 

An hour had passed since the game had begun. 

He pressed his fingers against his temple, crouching in a dog-like stance as he continued to wait for the time ticking. He could only wait. That was Jungkook's only demand towards the lad. It wasn't a plead from one prince to a slave, but rather, from man to man.