IX: De Rigueur

Time was ticking ever so eagerly and there was nothing Luciel could do to stop it.

Even for just a second. 

She scanned the open and wide surroundings of the first artifact's area. It was fully surrounded and muddled with quicksands, heavy and wet quicksands that deemed impossible for her to get out. 

Screaming for help was futile as this job required one person to work alone. 

According to her swift eye movements, there were barely any trees that could support her own petite weight. Luciel could not even jump from one path to another without either slipping into the deathtrap of even falling right into it. 

She felt her heart stop beating for a split second, yet felt it again after a moments pause. 

Luciel scanned around the area once more, trying to find any wide and thick flat trunk to place it over the quicksand. She could sprint across it and land on her shoulders against the dry land around the tomb. There were a few pieces that she had found, yet they weren't enough. 

This felt more like a burial ground instead of an actual swamp/dungeon filled with usefulness.

Suddenly her eyes caught something.

If she couldn't find any pieces lying around, she might as well pluck one off from a burnt tree.

It might still work.

She rushed towards the corner, yet treaded carefully in case she stepped on the quicksand.

That'll be an instant game over.

Jimin glanced at the grandfather clock ticking its way progressively. He then tore his gaze to the open letter on his palm.

He had read it. Understood parts of it and was willing to the ends of his life to protect Luciel if Jungkook was no longer there.

He might not make it out alive, but the latter will try his best to bring back Luciel breathing and smiling.

Jimin plopped a piece of dessert into his mouth, studying the interior room of JungKook as he continued to wait.

Probably this will all go to charity, or even worse thrown out.

He folded the piece of letter, shoving it inside his pocket before taking another piece.

His tray was finished.

Luciel grunted, lightly yet hastened het pace in walking across the quicksand. It wasn't that wide from one end to another and she thanked the Lord for that.

She settled aside the thoughts of drowning, feeling the solid ground below her trembling foot. They shake with reason as it happened to be the quicksand.

Her battered fingers worked their way into pushing the abundant stone cover. It was no ordinary tomb whatsoever and it required a great deal of strength.

She thanked her father in advanced for the training.

The cover fell over its tomb, sending a reverberating thud for a split second as bats sprout out. She wafted some off, concealing herself against the tomb and waited.

Several seconds had passed and this game felt like eternity.

She pushed herself up on both legs, examining for any possible dangerous insects that might jump at her. There were inexplicably none and the first item greeted her with its polished shine.

"The Excalibur ... takes a lot of strength just to get you out."

She handled the sword pretty well in her grasp, yet it was quite heavy.