VII: Prince of Scientia

Child's Play Rules

1. Number of players are limited to two people, gender does not matter.

2. Each player carries a weapon and an inventory pouch to sustain their health for the whole day of the game.

3. They are not to be accompanied by a professional or even given tips to survive.

4. Cheating is equivalent to cheating death and signing one's death wish.

5. Player must collect the given items around the surroundings of the map. Candidates must not work together in order to pursue their achievements.

6. Last player who survives is the winner.

7. Players must battle a daemon individually at the last hour.

______

Luciel sat on the stairs alone inside the chamber of Scientia. She would've returned home by now, but felt more worried for Jimin. She was also worried about Jungkook's state of mind, yet offered no means to speak about it. Her father's guardsmen stood outside with their horses, patiently waiting for the princess to return home.

She had declared full time meals for Jimin, demanding no leftovers on behalf of Luciel herself.

Jungkook, after all, wishes death even better than living in Scientia. The King shouted at Jungkook in his own room, yet the latter could only shrug. He had a plan up his sleeves and it wasn't to endanger Luciel. Rather, it was to protect her in the most atrocious way and riskiest ordeal possible. He might even anger Lord SeokJin as much as possible, but things wouldn't work out that easily.

It was to protect Luciel.

Jimin was brought to a cell under the hawk eyes of Scientia. He was forced to stay there for five days until their game began. It was a deal tied between Jungkook and Luciel, albeit she almost scowled at his rash decisions. It was fair to the other opponent, yet Luciel could not stop thinking about Jimin.

She was concerned about Jimin. What if he were to be surreptitiously beaten and given poison as meals?

She could not leave Scientia without having to think about Jimin locked up in a cell. She could not leave her home for five days without informing it to her father.

Hence, she walked out of the mansion to meet her guardsmen and informed them about her plan.

"Please, tell my father I'll be staying in Scientia for five days. He must understand that I cannot return. Absolutely not."

They all listened attentively, one guard replying with, "In case of any dangers, I'll be staying in Scientia with you as well as him. We'll keep a distant watch over you, for whatever dangers might befall over to you, princess."

"Thank you."

The three guardsmen returned to St. Lucis with the given message whilst the two guards found their stay at an inn. They knew she was stubborn about things when she agreed to a deal. She was going to get Jimin back no matter what.

Her presence had been summoned by Jungkook himself, privately.

She obliged nonetheless, soon finding herself in Jungkook's pristine room. Even for a cocky bastard of a prince like Jungkook, he was not what she had imagined him to be; messy, lazy and unreasonable.