V : Mobocracy

Luciel had faced the same consequences like Lady MinYoung herself. Except that there were a few differences to the circumstances and approach.

Luciel pushed herself to save a slave and probably more from Wyvern, whereas MinYoung stood by when one was dragged to the house.

It was SeokJin himself.

Such a shock and a surprise it was. He was brought from Wyvern as requested by her father. MinYoung was occupying her time with upholding any responsibilities of being the next heir alongside her future husband. She was the only child in the bloodline and held heavy responsibilities for the future of St. Lucis.

The burdens would usually fall in to the hands of the King, yet the Lady was more inclined to help with any issues. The Lady had to be a right hand for the husband other than playing a role of the wife and Queen of the region. Events weren't expected to turn out this way, but MinYoung felt grateful more than ever.

She didn't like any of the proposed men in marriage, declining the offer with a bitter smile as she occupied her time even more. She felt she wasn't ready and didn't want to take over just yet. Although her mother has tragically passed away, the time in taking over had approached within months. She had to take the hand in marriage sooner or later.

MinYoung had found the slave, known as SeokJin himself, which was now the former husband and Lord of St. Lucis. She remembered the guilty and treacherous times during his time. She saw the way her people had mistreated him. It was beyond painful than anyone could bear. Yet be had managed to survive despite his built strength and body.

She felt a force drawn towards SeokJin.

She had approached him during some time after his heartless arrival. She coukd not sleep well for the past few days, listening to the agonizing grunts and groans from the endless torments to SeokJin. She had the tears brimming in her eyelids. He didn't fight back, no matter how much blood had spluttered from his already damaged wound.

He was treated after and MinYoung disliked the aftermath. He was tormented so ruthlessly just because he took a piece of apple. He couldn't help it. They barely treated him carefully. They barely gave him food. He was only given with leftovers, which were often not so much.

MinYoung had approached his cage one night, snuck out from her room as surreptitiously as possible. The cage was unaccompanied by any guard since it looked impossible for a slave to escape. SeokJin, at that time felt useless and powerless, hence unable to do anything to escape.

She heard his sorrowful whimpers and endless chatters. His work was like a maid, to clean off any dirt in the mansion. He even cleaned MinYoung's bedroom, which now belonged to Luciel. They made brief eye contact, where she was studying and he was endlessly cleaning. A guard had to keep an eye on the slave, no matter what.

She heard his stomach growl in hunger and MinYoung felt relief that she brought a recent made sandwich. She had no appetite after experiencing unreasonable terrors with her own pair of eyes. She had witnessed too much.

MinYoung knocked on the cage very lightly, inducing the latter to wake up from his battered slumber. It looked uncomfortable at the most. It was almost midnight during that time and she could not make out his expression. He was already pleading at MinYoung to release him, displaying an agonizing expression as he could.

However, she was not able to see him properly.

"Here." She had whispered after handing him the sandwich. He smelled the aromatic smell of the sandwich, which had fresh lettuce and beef. He didn't hesitate to snatch it, devouring it in one go. It resulted with a hiccup.