Tracks

. . . 

Following the next few seconds after Maya's surprise came hushed whispers. Their shrieks, Maya's especially, was instantly silenced by Luciel. Jimin remained hiding against the wall because he had no clue as to who these people were.

"L-Luciel?" Maya hisses under her breath, looking at the figure more than once to make sure it wasn't someone else.

"Yes, it's me, you troublemaker. Where have you been this whole time and do you realise the commotion you've caused?" The princess went straight to the point.

She didn't realise it'd be easy to find Maya. The princess assumed that Maya was kidnapped and in the need held hostage for ransom. There weren't those types of people in St. Lucis. Such cases mainly occurred in Wyvern and sometimes Scientia. Both St. Lucis and Clematis were peaceful and civilized.

The troublemaker was roaming around with an acquaintance at night for quite some time. The princess wonders how she hasn't been found by now. The missing person wasn't missing at all.

Maya was slightly baffled. She remained mute for a second and panicked, unsure of how to react. It is definitely a shock to the lass. She hadn't expected the princess to physically be here right now.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Luciel states and demands that they take shelter to discuss of the issue.

The princess understands for one part that Maya doesn't want to return home. Judging by her Mother's character, it deems evident that Maya hasn't been home even when her Father isn't present. Maya has been hiding at an acquaintance' house.

Maya couldn't run away and neither could her friend. They've already been spotted out, which may be luck for the princess. It was already midnight and trying to find more blurry clues with an unclear mind surely wouldn't help.

Bringing Jimin with Luciel, they entered the household of Maya's friend. She introduced herself as Yumi. Yumi didn't want to get in trouble with the princess and it was Luciel's choice whether she gets to expose Maya's whereabouts or not.

The princess is a generous human being and she wants to hear Maya's side of the story. She had Mrs. Crow's story and all that was left is her husband. The two young women noticed Jimin, but they weren't upfront in questioning who he was.

They simply assumed him as an escort from the mansion.

The rest of Yumi's family members were asleep in their respective rooms. Yumi has the tendency to stroll around the nearby neighborhoods at night. Unlike her family members, she has insomnia. The symptoms instigated when Maya came over to the house and pleaded — almost begged to be kept hidden from the world.

It was impressive as how none of Yumi's family members took notice of an additional person in the house. They were quite busy managing their business and factory to even notice why Yumi asks for an extra meal. They were tired and speculated that Yumi was going through her period.

Yumi lit up a single candlelight in her room, which was fairly enough to reveal Maya's uneasiness and Luciel's stern expression. Jimin's eyes were half drooped. He takes a short nap on the single-seat couch and gradually dozes off.

"Care to explain, Maya?" Luciel began with a deep exhale.

As much as Maya was surprised why Luciel was out here or even caring about her issues, she ends up rubbing her arms and averts Luciel's gaze.

"I'm sure ... you've heard my ramble."

"And you thought running away, causing a scene was for the best?" Luciel inquired calmly, inducing the former to shrug her shoulders and rub her forehead. Maya felt abashed in having to respond to this embarrassment to her rival.