Chapter 5 The Locket

I wake up to the smell of lilac perfume, with a mix of paint from Fiona. I look to my nightstand where an envelope and perfume bottle sits. I grab it were in nice cursive writing is To: Kayla From: Writer. I look at Fiona still painting a vase with daffodil.

            “Did you put this here?” I ask.

            “No, I didn’t even know it was there!” she says. I nod looking at the perfume. I get up changing into a pair of jeans and green t-shirt. I walk to the classroom with Fiona blabbing away about her new painting. I sit in my spot as usual.

            “Here’s your locket,” Chase says, handing me a box.

            “Thanks Chase, where’s the key to it?”

            “I seriously don’t know!” he sighs. I nod and slip on the necklace, and turn to face the teacher.

            “Look I’m sorry okay! But I can’t see how you hate me so much,” he says. I sigh and turn to him.

            “Chase you lied to me, hurt me when I needed you the most! You just let me down; I can’t trust what you say anymore. When you did this to me. You are the reason why I hated my life for so long, so when I came here I thought man no one can bring me down! But now you’re here which switches up the whole ball game,” I say.

            “You hold a long grudge and are very stubborn!” he laughs.

            “When I want to be stubborn I can hold the longest grudge against someone. You’re the longest grudge I’ve hold because I thought you were my friend Chase,” I sigh.

            “Well I am!” he says. I shake my head. “I still was when we weren’t talking I was,”

            “No Chase you weren’t, you made fun of me, told secrets that I thought I could trust you to keep, and stole my locket then lied that you didn’t have it. Then 5 years later I come to a boarding school and the girl I hate the most is wearing it and turns out that my best friend from when I was ten had it all along,” I say looking at the desk.

            “You know I never met any harm right? Like when I told Mae that you kissed Logan!” he smirks.

            “Yeah my very first kiss, that was the worst day ever!” I wince at the memories burning in my head.

            “No your first kiss was with me,” he states. I look at him with a question mark face.

            “What?” I ask.

            “You don’t remember your first kiss?” he laughs. “Remember when we would play house? I was the husband and you the wife?”

            “Yeah, but what does that have to do with my first kiss?” I ask.

            “Well one day we were fake eating like it was dinner, and I took you to a spot in the park with a big hill and we laid there laughing,” he says. The memories came right back I remember that day I just hid it away in my brain so I wouldn’t remember. I freeze in my seat feeling nauseas and ears ringing, head pounding stomach churning I remember it so perfectly. “You remember now?”

            “Yeah,” I nod.

            “Well I leaned up and so did you to dust off your shoe or something and when you stopped and looked at me, I stole a kiss from you!” he laughs. My eyes get wide I had my first kiss with this jerk!?