Road Trip Part 1

I toss my last bag in the trunk. "Babe! You ready to go?" I yell to my boyfriend, Ben. He runs out the front door, locking it behind himself.

"Yah, just had to grab my phone." He says, crawling into the drivers seat. We agreed we would take turns driving and sleeping. I snuggle my blanket close as the car heats up.

The wind and cool temperature from outside seems to bite our faces. Ben rubs his hands together, to warm them up. Finally, he starts pulling out.

We live together in a home in the country. I'm hoping he proposes soon, but I can only wish.

We make our way onto the interstate, and I already begin to feel sleepy.
As I drift off, Ben holds my hand, smiling.

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●

When I wake once more, we are at a gas station. Ben is filling up the car. I take off my blanket and step outside into the cold, crisp breeze.

Ben notices, and walks to me once the tank is filled. He wraps his warm arms around me, and kisses my cheek. "Good nap, sleeping beauty?" He asks, turning me around. I nod, smiling.

"Good, because it's your turn to drive. I'm going to go grab some drinks and snacks from the store, and you get settled in the drivers seat." He says, seemingly having everything planned out.

I walk around the front of the car and sit down. I put the heat all the way up and wrap my warm blanket over my shoulders.

Ben returns with 2 bottles of Dr. Pepper and some chips. I grab a bottle, and start drinking, needing the caffeine to stay awake.

While he moves his stuff and settles in, I notice a man looking at us. He is rather large, and has rather terrifying wide, blue eyes. His smile reaches practically from ear to ear. He waves, still smiling. I look at Ben, "Do you know him?"

He looks up at the man,"I don't think so. And I would've been able to recall a face like that." With the scary man still staring, we head back out.