Chapter 13 - Kiss me

It was now New Year's Eve, Jin's mother had invited some of their family, friends and of course Namjoon's family to celebrate. Jin had spent the day lazing around, eventually helping decorate the place and cook party food when his mother asked. Namjoon came with his mom, dad and sister early - their parents being extremely close. So, Jin and Namjoon were just wasting the day away, watching movies and showing each other what they got for Christmas while the others were downstairs. "And I got this phone so that my mom can contact me like at school and stuff" Namjoon concluded, showing off his very nice Nokia phone.

Jin was showing Namjoon how his mom had gotten him this book all about different types of dance. "I can't even dance though so I don't know why-" "Yes but, you do like dance right?" Jin sheepishly nodded, of course the one thing he was interested in he couldn't do. "Well I'm a little interested myself.. Plus I'd love to start learning how to rap, maybe in the new year we can try and find somewhere to learn?" "Yeah.. I guess" Namjoon smiled, dimples showing through just before they were called down by their parents.

The other family and friends started arriving, Jin and Namjoon still just hanging out together since they weren't really interested in talking to all these grown ups and the odd child or two that were at least half their age. Jin was looking forward to the new year, he saw it as a chance to have a fresh start since everything was back to normal and though it was still scary, he'd put on a brave face. The evening was going okay, the two having eaten some party food and stood around with the adults downstairs, though it was nearing midnight and at this point they were bored out of their minds. "You should've invited some girls, at this rate you'll have no one to kiss at midnight" Jin's grandmother patted him and Namjoon on the back while laughing, he hadn't thought about that.

Come to think of it, neither of them had ever kissed someone at midnight on New Years, Jin simply didn't see the big deal. Namjoon however was becoming desperate, seeing all the couples gathering together to watch the countdown. He took a glance at Jin who was sipping on a glass of Pepsi, his hair resting just above his eyebrows. How could he not be jealous of that hair? The way it always looked neat even though Jin had probably only brushed it. It was Jin's turn to look at Namjoon now, taking a quick peek at his tall frame, the two made awkward eye contact for a moment causing them to both sheepishly looked away.

The clock was ticking away, everyone counting down the last five seconds, the loud atmosphere being almost a blur to Namjoon as all he could focus on was Jin. He couldn't control himself anymore, it's now or never, might as well take the chance - he thought. Namjoon grabbed Jin by his collar, harsher than he meant to, pulling him into the hallway. "Namjoon! Wha-" Namjoon listened as they counted down to zero. "Shut up and kiss me" He held Jin by his cheeks, almost forcing his lips onto Jin's. Jin was surprised to say the least, eyes wide, watching as Namjoon's were shut, his face peaceful as he kissed him a little slower.

Jin closed his lids, finally moving his lips, how could this be happening? Namjoon almost groaned, pushing his tongue past Jin's lips, feeling him hesitate slightly before he accepted. It was sloppy, lips clashing and tongues attempting to move against each other, but it was everything the boys had wanted for a long time, whether they admitted it or not. Jin's fingers slowly ran through Namjoon's hair, making him sigh at the ticklish feeling.

Namjoon then pulled back, leaning his head on Jin's forehead, hands finding Jin's waist to hug him. The elder was flushed, lips slightly swollen and cheeks tinted as he looked at his best friend. "Namjoon.. Uh.. I" Namjoon shushed him, pecking his lips again. "Jin I, I should've told you a long time ago but.. Well, I love you.. and.. I don't want anyone else to be with you, I want to take care of you. Will you be my boyfriend Jin?".

This was all so sudden, Jin thought. Although, he had to admit, the way Namjoon's eyes sparkled alone indicated the sincerity of his words. Jin nodded, pulling Namjoon's lips back onto his, needy for his touch a little longer. Hearing some voices, they both took off upstairs to go up to Jin's room. Namjoon immediately hugged Jin, the force at which he ran at him caused them both to fall backwards onto the bed. "I can't believe I didn't tell you sooner, I've been wanting you for a long time I just.. Didn't want you to think I was weird for you know.. Being-" "Namjoon, I love you, but please shut up, I'm gay too incase you hadn't noticed" Namjoon laughed, head tucking into Jin's neck. "I didn't know you could be so needy" Jin chuckled.

When Namjoon had to leave, it was weird for both of them, still not quite believing what had happened. Though, they were extremely happy. Not only did Jin get to finally be with Namjoon, but he got to kiss him, and it was his first kiss too! And who knew his hair could be so soft... Jin laughed to himself for acting so childlike, lovestruck already. Though, it was one of the best night sleeps he had ever had when he finally got into bed, hugging onto the bedsheets, a goofy grin on his face. "What are you doing to me Kim Namjoon" He blushed, thinking about the kiss over and over again until he finally passed out. Safe to say, this year was going to be a good one.