The Force

0 ABY~ (This is gonna be a hella filler chapter btw)

They were on their way back to Yavin IV which caused Sage to eventually get bored and sit up next to the pilot and co-pilot's seat where Bodhi and K-2SO sat piloting the ship. They had began joking around, laughing and telling funny stories that they had gone through in their lifetimes. Sage was laughing so hard her stomach had started to hurt when Bodhi told them about how stormtroopers always seem to hit their head on low hanging bars.

Jade was in the main deck chatting with Chirrut and Baze, Cassian was cleaning his weapon on the main deck as well, uninterested in any conversations. Half of them knew that Jyn was in the lower deck crying since they had gotten off of Eadu. Cassian had eventually gone up to the top level and interrupted Sage and Bodhi's laughing. 

"Have you guys seen Jyn?" he asked them, climbing up the ladder.

Sage, K-2 and Bodhi all looked at him with uneasy expressions and Sage was the first to talk, "I don't think she wants to be bothered right now," Sage looked at him sadly, "especially not by you."

Cassian's head kind of cocked back in confusion, "What do you mean? What's she doing?"

Bodhi pretended to be busy with piloting as Sage scoffed at Cassian, "You're kidding right? Are you that oblivious to emotion? She's been crying in the lower deck since we left Eadu."

Cassian squinted slightly, "What? Why?"

It dawned on him why but Sage told him anyways, "whether or not it was your fault, her father died, Cass."

Cassian's expression became sad as he nodded slowly before heading back down the ladder. Sage shook her head and chuckled a tiny bit, "Men." 

Bodhi's mouth parted slightly, "Not all men are that 'oblivious to emotion', y'know."

Sage smiled and turned towards him, "Oh yeah? Like who?"

Cassian had gone down to the main deck to make sure Jyn hadn't come back up yet. He didn't spot her anywhere so he continued down the ladder into the lowest deck. There Jyn was, in the farthest corner sitting against the wall, her head in her hands. Cassian felt a sense of dread as he walked towards her. Exhaust had completely taken over both their bodies as he sat down next to her, scaring her slightly.

She looked up at him and scoffed, quickly attempting to wipe her tears off her face, "I don't need you down here."

Cassian wasn't exactly down there for her, but for both of them. They both needed someone. Their clothes were still damp and it was cold. "I'm sorry about your father," was all he could choke out.

Jyn began crying again, which she had been trying to stop for the past hour. Cassian instantly looked at her with confusion. Such a strong woman who could beat the crap out of fully armored stormtroopers with a stick was completely vulnerable, and it confused him. 

Cassian did what his gut told him to do and he put an arm around her, letting her sink into his shoulder, her tears beginning to stain his already-damp clothes. Jyn hated him for this, he had this ability to make her so sad yet had this other ability to comfort her better than anyone else could. He brought warmth to him as he brought his other hand up and brushed the hair out of her face as she began to stop crying and letting sleep take her over.

Once she fell asleep Cassian felt satisfied with her comfort enough to lean his head against her and fall asleep. It was odd for all four of them when Sage and K-2SO found them down there, practically cuddling.

Sage and K-2 looked at each other and Sage whispered, "Should we wake them up."

K-2SO reached forward and poked Cassian in the shoulder, "Captain. We're ten minutes away from base."