Tyna- Personality

Tyna is a woman-child and Tyra is a sadistic control freak. Tyna doesn't have much of a personality of her own to begin with and she needs Tyra to basically validate her existence; Tyna grew up mentally dependent on her. On the flip side, Tyra considers Tyna to be a living doll of sorts: she controls every aspect of Tyna from her appearance (dying her hair and choosing her clothes) to her personality in a way.

People have pointed out that Tyna and Tyra getting annoyed at being called twins is kind of silly because their clothes and hair are so similar. However, it's more Tyra expressing her "ownership" of Tyna outwardly. Tyna is an accessory, kind of like a matching purse.

They don't want to be mistaken as "twins" because that implies two independent people as opposed to one person and one accessory. Yet again, Tyra is the one actually annoyed and Tyna has just picked up on her annoyance.

It also makes more sense that they're not lovers: Tyra doesn't think of Tyna as a proper person, let alone a prospective sex partner. Not that she thinks poorly of Tyna, just that she sees her completely different from any other person. On Tyna's side, she doesn't love Tyra, she's simply dependent upon her for decision-making. It's mutually beneficial, but not at all romantic. They work well in a threesome situation because they're constantly building off each other (and upping the crazy levels).

Tyna didn't even like Nash at first, it was just a reflection of Tyra's interest in him. She formed her own attachment to Nash after awhile, but in a more childish way. Kind of like if an adult gives a kid something, even though they don't necessarily want it, they'll still guard it fiercely because it's theirs.

Tyra is a sadistic bitch and the more culpable of the two, but Tyna is the really scary one: she copied Tyra's sadism without Tyra's calculating politeness to balance it out, which Helen Tracy finds kind of terrifying. Tyna does awful things just because she's mirroring her partner, or because she's curious.