Ginna- Background

Ginna is the daughter of a Drago mother, Kairi Sasaki, and a human prince, Sora Shade. However, Kairi's mother, Mie Kim Sasaki didn't improve of the couple because she believed a Drago and a human cannot be happy together, so she separated them. Later at the Drago Sanctuary, a Drago guard discovers Sora dead at the gates. It seems he fought through the evil monsters and creatures to reach Kairi. Upon hearing this, Kairi fell into depression, especially since she was found to be pregnant with his child. Though other Dragoes plead for her to give up the child, as it was going to be half human, she kept it. Kairi eventually gave birth to a healthy baby girl, named Yuri. However, Kairi was in weak condition and she died shortly afterwards. The Council of the Elders were not pleased with Yuri because she was half human. They planned to seal away her memories and banish her from the Sanctuary, but Mie Kim had a change of heart and protested against the Elders. However, the Elders refused to the decision. Mie Kim then took Yuri to the Lady of the Dragoes, begging for her to allow her to go with Yuri onto Earth, as Yuri is the only connection Mie Kim had to Kairi. The Lady of the Dragoes allowed it, as long as Mie Kim transformed herself into a mouse, Kimmie and never speak directly to Yuri. Mie Kim agrees and allows the Lady of the Dragoes to transform her into a mouse, sending them both to Earth. Because of the extraordinary power that sent them to Earth, this caused Yuri to be immune to curses and bites.

While on Earth, Yuri is adopted by Barry Doue. When Yuri turned three years old, Barry thought it was time for her to learn combat skills in case she gets into any trouble. Yuri quickly learned the techniques. Pleased by this, Barry thought it was time to teach Yuri how to use the darkness in her heart. Surrounding her by evil monsters and creatures, Barry told Yuri the only way for her to take them down, she had to use the darkness in her heart. However, Yuri refused and was pummeled down by the evil monsters and creatures. Now finding Yuri pathetic because she refused to use the darkness within her, Barry extracted the darkness from her heart himself, creating a young girl with a similar appearance to Yuri, Barry naming her Winna. However, Barry found extracting Winna from Yuri damaged Yuri's heart severely, and Yuri was on the verge of death. There, Barry wraps Yuri's body in a white blanket and leaves her in the forest to die.

Yuri and Kimmie are discovered in the woods by the Prince of Hearts, David Hitomi. They are taken back by his father, Twas Hitomi and are recovered by their physician. David waits for Yuri to wake up, being relieved when she does. However, Yuri doesn't remember her name or anything from before, and so then Twas names her Ginna. Shortly after, a servant named Bro Army adopts Ginna and as he takes care of her, he grows fond of the girl and cares for her as his own daughter. King Twas soon starts to train Ginna as a guard, where she quickly grows stronger and she learns to love her job as a guard. During the time, David grows romantic feelings for Ginna.

One night, the castle's jester, Darrius Daphnes steals the sceptre, the sacred treasure hidden in the sealed chamber of Castle Hearts. Here, Darrius curses Twas and David into women, Tina and Davina, and cursed the entire castle, causing everybody inside to transform into vines. Tina and Davina were saved by the magic circle, where Ginna was saved by her immunity to curses. As the only survivors, the three start to track down Darrius to seek revenge and break the curse.