Dedana- Background

Dedana was born to the Jonins of Makataki Village, Herrera Kay and Dan Kay. She was their second daughter, the first being her older sister by thirteen years, the world's famous magician, Luisa Kay. However, unlike Luisa, Dedana was born with three extra mouths, two on both her palms and one on the left side of her chest. Other than that, she was a healthy baby. Doctors believe the extra mouths may be birth effects, but they aren't positive. Luckily, they are positive that Dedana can live a normal life as long as her mouths are covered. Dedana was given gloves to wear at all times, however, Herrera was disgusted by her.

At around age four, Dedana was entertained by Luisa's magic acts. Luisa would often practice in front of Dedana, pretending she was her audience. Every time, Dedana was always entertained. She wished to be a great magician, just like her sister.

When Dedana started attending Makataki Magician Academy, she was being picked on for her extra mouths and speech problems. The only person in her life that didn't pick on her was Luisa, who eventually died during an act. Dedana learned the handcuffs in Luisa's act were jammed, by another famous magician, Roxanna Rock. Learning that she committed the murder because Luisa was starting to gain more popularity, Dedana seeks revenge.

The bullying didn't stop, which caused Dedana to start having homicidal thoughts. She tries her best to stay calm, however, which she is angered, she feels the urge to kill. Whether it's a cat, a dog, or a person, she spreads red. Her behavior at school started acting up as well, as she would often start fights with other students. Eventually, she was expelled from Makataki Magician Academy. Luckily, after a few months, Herrera and Dan got Dedana to attend Makataki Ninja Academy.

Dedana soon was a pupil under Odd Onoki's tutelage. He learned she can create explosives made from detonating clay with her extra mouths, which is what she used as a member of the Explosive Corps. Though praised highly for clay sculptures, Dedana's desire to reach even greater heights in her art resulted with her murdering both her parents, being expelled once again, and fleeing from the village. Using explosive clay to take out her pursuers, Dedana found the art she had desired: the Art of a Single Moment. Remembering the first moment whenever she detonated her explosive clay, she recalls the process that allowed her to reach this art. Since then, Dedana became a bomber terrorist to insurgents in various countries.

At only age eleven, Dedana's exploits caught the attention of the Jiniyuri, and Isna Hope, Kameron Hero, and Sandar we're sent to recruit her. Dedana refused at first until she accepts a challenge from Isna on the condition that the Jiniyuri let her be if she won. However, Dedana was easily defeated by Isna's Sharingan and begrudgingly joined the organization. There, she was partnered with fellow artist, Sandar. Her ego crushed since then because she admitted to herself that the Sharingan was a work of art, Dedana carried a murderous loathing for Isna and the Sharingan for the rest of her life. Acknowledging that Isna was a more powerful opponent, Dedana took steps during her time with the Jiniyuri to ensure she could get revenge on Isna, such as training her left eye to counter genjustu, and devising the means to create the C4 Garuda. She later joined Sandar in on a mission to eliminate Olivia Huts for betraying the organization. After witnessing the Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation by Olivia, the Sannin retreated after her technique proved incomplete. Dedana attempted to kill her by blowing up her base. At some point in time, Dedana returned to Makataki Village and left in destruction after detonating a bomb within the village, as she flew away.