Christmas Bonus

Laurent

I ran the tip of my fingers alongside her back, her short curls flailing everywhere like an untamed lions mane. I placed a gentle kiss right at the column of her neck, reveling in the slight moan that rumbled through her chest in her sleep.

"Petit, it's time to wake up." I mumbled against her ear and a soft whine echoed, resulting in me laughing cheerfully.

"Leave me lone Lau." She grumbled but I decided a more direct approach would be better so I got off the bed and snatched the blankets off her, letting the freezing AC kiss her naked skin. She gave a girly screech and tossed the pillow my way, which I dodged with relative ease all the while laughing at her antics.

"Get up, we have to go and give Larry and Bambi their daughters Christmas presents. Stop being lazy."  The glare she sent my way would be enough to make a lesser man apologize but all I did was smile in return, to which she got even more annoyed. Grabbing her cellphone from the nightstand, she looked at the time and groaned louder.

"Lau! It's only seven am, I'm going back to sleep!"

"With what blankets?" I taunted and laughed as another pillow flew my way.

"Be ready in a hour baby!" Making an exit from our bedroom door before she could argue even further, I ambled down the stairs to the first floor of the house and went into the kitchen. Placing the pot inside of the coffee maker, I switched it on and popped two pieces of bread into the toaster. I heard her footsteps coming down the stairs and then she yelled.

"Fuck!" She cursed and I poked my head from the kitchens doorway, seeing her cringing and rubbing her elbow.

"You okay baby?" I asked and her head snapped towards me, her brown eyes lethal with malice pointed directly at me.

"I can't stand you." She hissed and I shrugged my shoulders, ignoring her anger.

"You'll be okay." I said and her gaze grew even more venomous but I heard the toaster pop and went to grab the bread. Slathering one piece with butter and the other with strawberry jam, I held the butter one out for Jasmine who took it with an attitude and a terrible excuse for a good morning. Unfazed by her terrible spirit since I was used to her horrible morning manners that I've endured the last year and a half. I made her a cup of coffee with two creams and four sugars and handed it to her with a sly grin.

"Merry Christmas mon amour." Her hardened glare lessened and I saw a bit of a blush stain her cheeks.

"Merry Christmas." She mumbled back and kissed my cheek, leaving a bit of bread crumbs behind. Laughing once more, I wiped them off and grabbed her chin, pulling her in for a real kiss on the lips.

"You ready?" I asked and she mumbled a uninterested yeah while stifling a yawn. I grabbed my own black coffee and headed to the door, ready to go until I saw Jasmine was leaning on the wall, her eyebrow raised up in question.

"What's wrong?" I asked and her lips pulled down into a frown.

"You don't got to brush your teeth or take a shower?" She asked, her nose wrinkling in disgust and I dead panned at her.

"Baby, I've been up for two hours now, I've already done all that. I was waiting on you." Her blush grew two shades darker and she brushed past me to the car, silently. Shaking my head at my wife's antics, I locked the door to our home behind us and got into the car, driving away.