You Know Nothing

In the quiet of the day, in the middle of the gazebo, a loud sound rang out, disrupting the peace. The sound of skin hitting skin, hard. I breathed heavy as my palm stung from slapping Laurent with all my strength. My heart in my throat and my mind in tatters.

"You left me because you thought you weren't good enough for me?! Is that what you are trying to tell me? I suffered for damn near three years because of some bullshit reason like that??!!! Who the fuck..?! Why the fuck..?! ..... You've never deserved me Laurent, you cheated on me and left me broken like a discarded rag doll. Don't try to tell me I don't know the reason you left me.",My hand cocked back to slap him again, and as my hand came within an inch to his face, he caught it and squeezed the poor appendage.

"Petit, you cheated on me first. That's why I left you." I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the fool sprouting stupid words. Cheated? Me? When did I ever..?

"What the hell are you talking about Laurent? I never cheated on you in my life! Four years I was loyal to you, I gave you everything! My heart, my love, my virginity, you could've had my soul if you only asked. So how the hell can you say something so stupid?!", I was all but screaming at Laurent and I could see him flinch from my raised voice in our close proximity but my mind was losing it for the absurdity of what he just said.

"I want you to think Petit, to the time we took the senior trip to Atlanta. Think really hard about what you did that day.", The voices in my head whispered to me gently for the first time since I started hearing them. They were trying to release a memory, one that I kept blocked away.

Atlanta? I backed away from Lau as the memory came rushing back with frightening speed. No no no no no, he thought that, that was consensual? My eyes welled up with tears and I began to hyperventilate as the worst night of my life replayed. The drink, the crying and the pain, oh my god the dreadful pain. No, he couldn't possibly believe that I had wanted it. I looked at Laurent and I could see disgust clearly showing on his face.

"I cried over you for a year. Trying to figure out why I was no longer good enough for you, when things turned so bad that you had to go and fuck my friend Shaun! When he told me I didn't believe him until he showed me the pictures. That's when I started messing around with Jessica and distancing myself from you. Je pensais que tu m'aimais, but no you were just like every other girl." Laurent's voice broke with every word he spoke, his accent becoming more prominent with his hurt.

"Laurent, please listen to me. What you think happened is no-", He put his hand up cutting me off mid sentence.

"Non petit, I have nothing left to say to you. I'll admit coming back and seeing you caused me to surrender to my heart because I still love you and I want you more than I ever wanted anyone. I wanted to forget it all and just be with you again, I wanted what we once had. But non, after seeing you and Waydi, it just made me realize that you didn't change. You only switched which homie you hopped to.", I placed my hand on my chest, my world crashing and tumbling down in a fiery spiral. I did not expect that at all, for Laurent to think so lowly of me.

He knew nothing of what really happened that night and he just believed Shaun because of some pictures? There was no asking me, no trying to clarify, he just believed it. The voices in my head cried, the pain from the memory to much for even them. Laurent walked out the gazebo, but stopped when I called his name.

"So you won't even let me explain? You won't even hear what actually happened that night? You just believed your no good homeboy, who raped me if we are being honest here.", I was livid, the tears steady falling but now they were tears of rage instead of devastation. Laurent didn't even flinch at my proclamation, just turned his head to stare me in the eyes with a sneer plastered on his beautiful features.

"He told me that you'd say that it wasn't consensual. He showed me your text messages to each other Jasmine. How you couldn't wait to see him and not to tell me about everything. To accuse him of rape Jasmine? That's low." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Laurent truly believed everything Shaun said.

"You're a fucking idiot Laurent! You want to know the truth, how about you ask Regi what happened that night. He was the one who took me to the hospital afterwards. Never wondered why you didn't see me for two weeks after the trip? Or did you think I was to busy fucking my rapist?" Laurent shook his head and walked off, his mind set and he refused to budge. I called his name again but he did not stop this time, just left me there in the middle of the gazebo, once again.

I dropped down, my knees scraped the wooded floor and I felt the bite of cuts on the flesh. Hunched over completely now, I threw up everything I had in my stomach. I cried and cried, the memories appearing back in hordes. The crying, the pleading for him to stop, and his dry frightful laughing.

When I was finally able to breathe and stand, I called Waydi begging that he would answer. When I heard his smooth tone answer and he nearly snap out what, I broke down and told him what happened. He asked where I was and I told him. He said he'd be here in 10 minutes, and not to move.

When Waydi appeared in the gazebo, I hardly heard him until he was squatting in front of me and he called my name gently. I looked up from the spot I was curled in, my eyes bloodshot and my face hurting from the constant crying. He lifted me up without speaking and took me to the car, putting me in the passenger seat of his silver Mustang GT. When he got in the drivers seat, he drove off without speaking a single word.

"Waydi, are you still going to China for that year dance tour?", I asked as a idea entered my dulling mind.

"Oui, ma douce, I am. Why do you ask?", he replied without taking his eyes off the road.

"I want to go with you.", Waydi looked over at me, noticing how I looked absolutely depressed and destroyed.

"Okay, we leave in the morning."

End Chapter
Oh don't you just love broken stories. I fought a lot with what the reason for Laurent really leaving was going to be. But this reason gave me a lot more to work with. So hopefully you guys will stick with me and not hate me for this 😞.