Okay?

I didn't know how long I sat there staring at her face. She looked sad and nervous. It really didn't suit her features or her personality. She was usually fearless. I finally managed to utter a simple word that caused poor Izzy to flinch.

"No."

She got up, reaching for me, but I backed away. I shot up from my chair, pacing back and forth. "How can they even do that?" I hiss. "That's repulsive, and their reason is just ... STUPID!"

"Simon, please calm down." Izzy pleaded with a firm tone. She ushered me to the couch in the living room. "How long have you known about this?" I asked. I had a feeling she knew for a long time, but she's kept it to herself. Why wouldn't she? It's not really something to be proud of.

"They told us on our sixteenth birthday." she whispered.

"But you're eighteen now. You had two years to figure out what to do. Why didn't you do anything about it before?" I questioned.

"We didn't think much of it. Our parents always tell us bullshit stories. I thought this was just one of them, so we ignored it. But they brought it back up when we turned eighteen. Since we're technically adults now...we can go through with it."

I shook my head. There was a squeezing feeling in my stomach as she explained. I'm pretty sure that I'll throw up soon.

I don't exactly know what kind of twisted religion Izzy and Alec's parents practice, but that's what they told them. It was all in their religion. To be honest, it all sounds very cult like to me.

According to their religion, when girl and boy twins are born into the family, it 's believed that they were lovers in a former life, so the two were always married off together. It was supposed to bring them luck and good fortune for future generations until the next twins are born. No twin ever escaped this fate. Izzy and Alec were supposed to be raised separately to avoid the confusion, but they thought too much about what the neighbors would think it they left one twin to be raised somewhere else for sixteen years. Alec and Izzy's great grandparents were twins too, and they told her mother that Izzy and Alec will learn to love each other one day. Just like they did.

It was so twisted to think about, I almost puked.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked Isabelle then. They dragged me into this. She says that I could help. How?

"It's a huge thing to ask of you..." she trailed off, looking at me nervously.

"I don't care. You are not going end in this twisted fate. Whatever it is, I'll do it. " I reassured her.

She took a deep breath. "Okay," she said slowly. "Will you run away with me?" She waited for my answer, which didn't really want to come out of my mouth. Run away? With Isabelle?

"I know it's stupid. But I don't know what else to do...I'm desparate Si. I don't know how to live like a commoner...I'll be eaten alive if I went out on my own."

"Commoner? Iz, you're not an actual princess."

"But I practically lived like one." she reasoned. "I have enough money saved up. We can run away anywhere in the world. We'll probably head off to Tokyo or Brighton. Just somewhere they wouldn't find us."

But what about my life? What about me? I had plans too. I was going to go to college, and move out of the house. I wanna finish high school! How could we live off if we're high school drop outs?

It was obvious that she'd been thinking about this a lot. She got up from her spot, and began pacing. "I know it's a lot to ask of you. I'm sorry. I wish it didn't have to be this way. But I trust you, Simon. You're my only friend."

I sighed in frustration. And that's when I realized that I'd actually do anything for this girl. Isabelle Lightwood. The shedevil that turned my whole world upside down. I'd forget about my life just to save her from her own twisted fate. Was that love? Is this what love feels like? Giving up your life to save their's? It definitely sounds like it when you put it that way.

"Okay," I answered, sitting up. She looked up, shock written across her features. "Okay?"

"Okay."

A/N:

HEY EVERYONE THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME HAHA I'M SO HAPPY THAT WE GOT TO THIS PART NOW! EXPECT FOR SOMETHING GREAT! HAHA ANYWAYS THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS AND VOTES AND ALL THAT. DEFINITELY KEPT ME MOTIVATED.

JUST WANNA TELL YOU A QUICK STORY. SO I MET SOME OF THE CAST OF VAMPIRE ACADEMY YESTERDAY! SO EXCITING. THEY WERE ALL SO NICE AND EVERYTHING! THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKED WAS THE "PROFESH" PIX THEY TOOK. I WISH MY FRIEND AND I STAYED LONGER BECAUSE THEY WERE TAKING PIX WITH LIKE FANS AFTER THE SIGNING! UGGGGH! BUT I STILL LOVED IT I HAD A NICE CONVO WITH LUCY FRY AND ZOEY DEUTCH. HAHA ZOEY ASKED ME WHO MY FAVORITE CHARACTER WAS AND I SAID IT WAS A CROSS BETWEEN MIA AND ROSE AND SHE WAS LIKE MIA?!? REALLY??! HAHA THEN DOMINIC GOT IN ON THE CONVO AND WAS LIKE WOW USUALLY PEOPLE HATE HER! I WAS LIKE I LIKE THE WHOLE BITCHINESS THING AND HOW SHE ENDS UP BEING FRIENDS WITH ROSE AND LISSA. PLUS AT ONE POINT SHE EVEN HELPS THEM SO YEAH. HAHA THAT WAS FUN LUCY WAS SO NICE AND HER ACCENT WAS AWESOME! SHE TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE A LOVELY NOTE IN BOTH OF THE THINGS SHE SIGNED FOR ME! HAHA I EVEN GOT A CUSTOM SIGNATURE FROM HER BECAUSE SHE SIGNED MY NAME INSTEAD OF HER OWN HAHA SO SHE JUST CONTINUED ON AND SUCH ^_^ ANYWAYS IF YOU READ THAT FAR INTO THE A/N THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO MY STORY! HAHAHA I HAVE A NEW SIZZY FIC IN THE WORKS I PUT UP A LITTLE PREVIEW KIND OF THING IN MY WORKS. IT'S CALLED MY GIRLFRIEND'S A HOT VAMPIRE.

I WAS THINKING THAT I'LL UPDATE IT WHEN I'M CLOSE TO BEING DONE WITH DEAL WITH THE DEVIL.

IF I GET 10 VOTES AND 5 COMMENTS I'LL UPDATE SOONER!

I usually dedicate a chapter to someone that comments so if you want a dedication just comment below and i might just choose you

Follow me on IG: little_diall and TW: @LucyBuns_ and my PA: on both: @lynlovescake