xi

REAL LIFE

"WHO'S ALEXANDER AND BRYAN? AND who in the world is saray renee?"

those were the first words that came out of blake griffin's mouth as he stared at his blonde haired cousin and his brunette crush. he was in athena's room, while they were sitting on her bed.

"should we tell him?" athena whispered to rowan. rowan nodded her head.

"yeah, i trust him a lot." rowan whispers back. athena playfully rolls her eyes.

"that's because you like him." athena whispers, smirking.

"no, i don't."

"yes, you do."

"no-" rowan started to say but blake cut her off.

"i'm waiting.." he says. athena sighs. she looks at rowan and nods her head.

"okay, i'll tell you. you should get comfortable because its pretty long." athena says. he nods his head and decides to sit by rowan.

when athena was fifteen, she thought was in a happy relationship with a boy named alexander renee but that changed when he started doing drugs,drinking, and being abusive. before all of this had happened, alexander was never a troubled boy. athena loved him. but one night changed.

"hey babe." alexander told athena as she sat in his dark green car. the car smelt like weed.

"don't you hey babe me. where were you? i've been waiting for you for two hours to pick me up!" athena asked with her voice slightly raised. athena was at mall, just admiring for all the things she wanted. alexander was supposed to pick her up but as usual, he was late.

"sorry, i forgot." he said. he leaned in for a kiss but athena stopped him with a disgusted look on her face.

"stop, your breath reeks." she said. alexander shrugged it off and began to drive.

"where we going?" she asked.

"my place." he answered. she rolls her eyes.

whenever athena went to his house, all he wanted to do was do drugs or want to have sex. athena has never had sex but he pressures too.

once they arrived at his house, athena sat on his bed while alexander changed. after he changed, smoke started to appear in room.

"are you smoking, again?" athena asked.

"shut up, slut." he said as he put the cigarette in his mouth. for a sixteen year old, he acted like some drunk forty year old. he threw his cigarette outside and grinned at athena creepily. athena shifted uncomfortably. she was tired and hurt.

"you love me right, babe?" he asked. she rolls her eyes.

"before you were like this." she snapped. alexander gives her a glare and slaps her right cheek.

"don't give me that voice, i love you and you need to love me. we are going to be one happy couple, got it?" he says in a stern voice. athena whimpers and holds her right cheek. she shook her head yes.

"if you love me, we trust each other. do you trust me?"

'no' athena thought as she nods her head. he forcefully kisses her, adding tongue. she tried to push him off but he was too strong for her. he takes off her shirt exposong her bra.

"please, stop." she whimpers with tears streaming down her face.

"this is your fault for wearing revealing clothes, you slut. this is your fault." he whispers in her ear. athena begins to uncontrollably sob loudly but he bad covered her mouth. he took off her pants. he smirked at her but all of a sudden, he had stopped. he gasped really loud and placed his hand on his heart. then, he collapsed on the floor.

athena stops crying but there were tear streaks down her cheek. she picks up her clothes and wears them. she leaned down towards alexander's body and notices how pale he looked. she touched his pulse and noticed there was no beat.

"help! is anyone home?!" she yelled. she yelled for help again. alexander's step sister, saray, walked in.

"what's wrong? what did you do?" saray asked athena. athena sobbed.

"i didn't do anything. we were cuddling and he was going to the bathroom but he collapsed." athena lied. saray began to grab her phone and call 9-1-1.

it turned out that alexander had died of a sudden heart attack and drugs caused that.

"so, alexander was your abusive ex-boyfriend who died. does anyone else know about him?" blake asked.

"people knew we were dating, they just didn't know about him being abusive." she whispered.

"but who did?" he asked.

"diana, dustin, rowan, sabrina, and now you." she answered. blake nods his head.

"he almost raped you, athena. did you tell anyone at all?" blake asked.

"no, i couldn't." she said. blake gave her a bewilderment look.

"why?" he asked.

"because he's dead! if i did, they wouldn't care and do anything because he's dead." she said.

"okay, i'm sorry but i still think you should tell someone. anyway, saray? she's alexander's step-sister?" he asked. she nods her head.

"she was in love with him, obsessive even. she never liked me and blamed me for his death." athena explained.

"diana and her are still friends." rowan said as she rolled her eyes.

"is that why you still hate her?" blake asked rowan.

"yeah but there's more." she answered.

"anyway, saray's one bitch." athena says.

"how about bryan?" blake asked.

"bryan was my secret boyfriend for 3 months. we stopped dating 2 months ago. we were in love, but he fell for diana aka my best friend. they are still dating at the moment." athena explains.

"did diana know about you two?" blake asked.

"yeah and i accepted their relationship." athena said as she put the quotation around accepted.

"wait, you told me they broke up." rowan said.

"they did but they got back together a week ago." she says.

"we saw her holding hands with corey two days ago." blake told her. athena felt her heart break slowly. her best friend was stealing her crush again.

"is she cheating on bryan?" rowan asked.

"i don't know but i'm getting really tired of her. she's been rude lately." athena explains.

"anyone want to watch teen wolf?" blake asked holding the season one dvd case. athena and rowan nodded their head.

what they didn't know was that someone was on the other side of the door, listening to the whole conservation.