xxix

REAL LIFE

ATHENA SAT ON THE PARK bench with her best friend and her sister as she watched her best friend who's like a little brother to her rant about his love life

ATHENA SAT ON THE PARK bench with her best friend and her sister as she watched her best friend who's like a little brother to her rant about his love life. it was three in the afternoon and it was a sunny day. athena sipped on her starbucks drink as leo finished talking.

"wow." athena said, unamused. leo had just finished explaining how he and cat met.

"so, you and your dad flew to flordia because you guys wanted to go into a drake concert and you got seated beside cat. then, you and cat exchanged numbers and you came back to arizona. then, you and cat got closer?" rowan explained. leo nodded his head.

"you know you could have just exclaimed how you and cat met like the way rowan's did instead if being descriptive for 45 minutes." sabrina said.

"but being descriptive makes pictures in your head." leo said.

"but being descriptive takes so much time." sabrina said.

"why the rush?" athena asked sabrina.

"we just need to hurry." sabrina muttered. athena shrugged.

"i need help on how to get closer to her. how to be her....boyfriend." leo said with his cheeks turning pink. the girls looked at each other before squealing.

"talk to her more often, tell her you like her, and then bam! you two are dating." athena said.

"but what if i mess up? what if she doesn't like me back?" he asked.

"you're like rowan when her and blake weren't together." sabrina said. athena chuckles and nods her head as rowan blushes.

"she likes you back. trust me, she thinks your cute and thinks she can be your girl." rowan said. leo gave her an uncertain look.

"are you sure?" leo asked. all the three girls nodded their heads.

"we should go home. it's getting late." sabrina said, checking her clock.

"but it's three thirty." athena said.

"we should go home and eat." rowan insisted, glancing at sabrina. athena nodded her head. sabrina grabbed her phone and started to walk.

"sab, let's take a pic together. rowan, can you please take a pic?" athena asked as she handed her phone to rowan. rowan pressed the camera app and got ready. athena was looking at her phone while sabrina kept looking around.